Camera calibration in LR3

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Camera calibration in LR3

Unread post by artington »

I don't know whether ACR has calibrated the NEX ARW incorrectly but the development setting for blacks is 5 nd this gives large areas of blue when the shadow clipping triangle in the histogram panel is engaged. Reduce to O and the blue goes. On my a900 the blacks setting is 0 for ARW - no blue. Now I thought you could change the camera calibration setting so that LR recognises NEX RAW files adjusted in this way. But I'm blowed if I can see how. So right now I'm having to copy an adjusted development setting and paste it on to all my NEX Raw files. This works fine but is a real bore. Now I recall you could calibrate camera profiles for development (as opposed to hue) settings in LR2 but this option does not appear to be available in LR3 - indeed the only profile available in the drop-down menu is Adobe Standard. Any help would be appreciated.
agorabasta
Viceroy

Re: Camera calibration in LR3

Unread post by agorabasta »

In the Lr it's under 'Develop' menu - 'Set Default Settings'. Should be much the same in ACR.

The supplied Nex profile is good enough. If you need some other/better profile you may make it yourself or just search this forum.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Wait a minute, is this why whenever I import a batch of pictures into LR3, they all have contrast and brightness increases applied?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
agorabasta
Viceroy

Unread post by agorabasta »

Sure. So just re-adjust to your liking and save your preferred defaults.
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by artington »

Excellent, thank you for that