Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

There is a short update on our sister website, dPhotoexpert.com:

http://www.dphotoexpert.com/2008/07/25/ ... w-for-mac/

David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Portrait Professional now in Mac version

Unread post by bakubo »

I bought the Windows version of PP 6.5 about a month ago. It is interesting and pretty easy to use. I have found a fair number of bugs though and have reported some of them. I was expecting to get free updates to minur revisions (6.6, 6.7, etc.) with bug fixes, so I was very disappointed when they went from version 6.5 to version 8 right after I bought it (I have no idea what happened to version 7). It looks like they don't plan to fix the bugs in the version I have. :( One of the bugs caused the corruption of the pp file that I had been working on for quite awhile so I had to start over. PP has also crashed a few times and I have lost work. When it is working and you avoid the broken stuff it is interesting though.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

wow thats too bad. I have it too but I've only used it a few times on files from PS and haven't had those problems at all. Whats more distressing is if they aren't going to fix bugs and try and make you buy new releases instead. thats how competitors are born.
braeside
Grand Caliph

Unread post by braeside »

There is a coupon code for Portrait Professional, but I don't see one for the upgrade to PP Studio which is needed to get support for 16 Bit RAW and TIFFs.
Do you know if there will be a coupon for that upgrade?
David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I'll ask them. I have not spotted PP Studio yet on the Mac/8 page, my internet connection has been down for 48 hours thanks to BT, replying from daughter's Edinburgh flat (house-sitting as it's viewing time for potential buyers - but no-one comes, of course).

David
braeside
Grand Caliph

Thanks David - I purchased Mac PP (with the discount code) and then discovered that it didn't handle RAW directly (I should have tried the trial first, but had already played with the Windows version so felt OK about it). There is a link to the PP Studio/Max version if you attempt to load a RAW file you get n Upgrade button that takes you to:

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/buy/ppstudiou.php
David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

braeside wrote:Thanks David - I purchased Mac PP (with the discount code) and then discovered that it didn't handle RAW directly (I should have tried the trial first, but had already played with the Windows version so felt OK about it). There is a link to the PP Studio/Max version if you attempt to load a RAW file you get n Upgrade button that takes you to:

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/buy/ppstudiou.php

We have now negotiated an upgrade code:

mpcupgrade

If you go to the Upgrade link by checking for updates from the software, and purchase the upgrade, this code will secure the 10% discount.

David
braeside
Grand Caliph

Thanks David
David