Lightroom 2.0 & Camera Raw 4.5 released

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
01af
Imperial Ambassador

Lightroom 2.0 & Camera Raw 4.5 released

Unread post by 01af »

Have a look at Adobe's website for the new releases!

The Camera Raw update for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements is free, as always ... but the Lightroom upgrade is not. At least, Lightroom 1 users are entitled to a substantial discount.

The most exciting thing is the new ability of both Camera Raw and Lightroom to make use of a new kind of camera profiles. A whole new set of enhanced camera profiles can be downloaded from Adobe Labs. You can even create your own profiles using the new DNG Profile Editor 1.0 Beta which is available for download free of charge, also from Adobe Labs. However, to take advantage of the new profiles, you must update Camera Raw to version 4.5 or upgrade to Lightroom 2.0, as the new profile format is not compatible with the older versions.

-- Olaf
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Lightroom 2.0 & Camera Raw 4.5 released

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I can't find a current link to ACR 4.5 download though LR v2 is all there with the new DNG editor. I already have the 4.5 trial download and have used that for some time, but the page:
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ does not appear to list a final version - only 4.4.1.

Article up now:

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2008/07/2 ... lpha-raws/

David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Ok, they have not bothered to update their front page yet - you have to go to 4.4.1, then navigate back one level, and 4.5 appears at the top of the list.

I'll update the article when Adobe gets round to providing a properly updated overall link for 4.5.

This is the correct link for ACR 4.5 with DNG converter for Mac:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ftpID=3940

David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I updated the page anyway with direct links to just the DNG+Converter packages. The new 4.5 (not Beta) does recognise Nikon D700 .NEFs which the beta did not, and does use the custom profiles just as LR 2 does. Thanks Don!

David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

You might not be that close to heaven - this is what the D700 did to me with a pap-style grab shot of the bride - one shot only, fast moving for a car right next to me, had to run ahead to get to position and just one chance of autofocus, centre spot focus enabled, single shot, no fancy 51-point stuff:

If my A700, or even my D7D or A100, had delivered that I would be gutted. If this had been a real job - she is a genuine celeb - what would a shot like that have been worth? One D700 under the wheels of the Daimler I think...

David
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Looks like it focused on the back of the car beside the grooms head?
David Kilpatrick wrote:You might not be that close to heaven - this is what the D700 did to me with a pap-style grab shot of the bride - one shot only, fast moving for a car right next to me, had to run ahead to get to position and just one chance of autofocus, centre spot focus enabled, single shot, no fancy 51-point stuff:

If my A700, or even my D7D or A100, had delivered that I would be gutted. If this had been a real job - she is a genuine celeb - what would a shot like that have been worth? One D700 under the wheels of the Daimler I think...

David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

No, it's well beyond that. The lens appears to be either focused on infinity, or perhaps on the crowd about ten feet behind the car window - but certainly not on anything it should have focused on, or that my A700 or any other camera would have lock on to:
Full size section of file click to view
Full size section of file click to view
David