Lens Profiles

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Lens Profiles

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Can anyone please guide where should I put the lens profiles (which folder exactly, the path)?
I am not good at these things :oops:
I use Win 7
Thanks
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
agorabasta
Viceroy

Re: Lens Profiles

Unread post by agorabasta »

You may use this path -

C:\Users\[your user profile]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Downloaded
Dr. Harout

Thanks Agorabasta, but couldn't find such a path. Made search alone for the different folders too.

Flickr
agorabasta
Viceroy

Doc,

Most likely your machine is at default settings that are to not show hidden and system files/folders/drives. That's why you don't see those folders.

So you have to go to 'control panel', click 'folder options', there on the 'view' tab allow showing hidden and system files.

Then you may see the folders you need. You may put lens profiles in the root or into any subfolder inside the folder

C:\Users\[your user profile]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles

Mind also, that the folder 'Users' name may appear translated into the local language if you have a localised Windows version.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Send a search on the file extention (*.xyz where xyz is the extention of the file) then "open container folder" et voila!
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Harout

Agorabasta and Pako,
all files are shown (that's a priority I always set) and made search with extensions too.
BTW, the only folder with "LensProfile" name exists in After Shot Pro's general folder (which I installed lately). Is it possible that this is to be blamed?

Flickr
agorabasta
Viceroy

Doc,

There's one more path where ACR/Lr store lens profiles supplied with the default installation -

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0 - you absolutely must see that if hidden/system files are displayed.

I still think that the 'AppData' subfolder under your personal profile in the 'Users' folder is not displayed due to to your 'folder options' settings.
agorabasta
Viceroy

Also, browsing your file system would be much easier using some old-style file manager like FAR, get it from here - http://www.farmanager.com/
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

agorabasta wrote:Also, browsing your file system would be much easier using some old-style file manager like FAR, get it from here - http://www.farmanager.com/
Out of curiosity, I went to that web site and looked at the various pages there.

On the PlugIns page I was very entertained to see one of the advantages listed as:

"File and text operations making it more comfortable to use FidoNet."

This brings back memories from long, long ago ! :lol:

With best wishes,
- Tom -
agorabasta
Viceroy

UrsaMajor wrote:This brings back memories from long, long ago ! :lol:
Never saw that bit, but there are tons of totally unnecessary 'plugins' written for that prog over the years.

Still, the Far v3 is about the only file browser capable of correct translation of 'junction' pseudo-folders in Win7. And I really recommend its use.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

UrsaMajor wrote:
agorabasta wrote:Also, browsing your file system would be much easier using some old-style file manager like FAR, get it from here - http://www.farmanager.com/
Out of curiosity, I went to that web site and looked at the various pages there.

On the PlugIns page I was very entertained to see one of the advantages listed as:

"File and text operations making it more comfortable to use FidoNet."

This brings back memories from long, long ago ! :lol:

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Yes, my BBS was hooked up to them to deliver e-mail back in the day. I uploaded to a local node before the jump, they paid the long distance phone costs to the next aggregator node, and magically it all got delivered.

Interesting times! So much easier now!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Dr. Harout

agorabasta wrote:Doc,

There's one more path where ACR/Lr store lens profiles supplied with the default installation -

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0 - you absolutely must see that if hidden/system files are displayed.

I still think that the 'AppData' subfolder under your personal profile in the 'Users' folder is not displayed due to to your 'folder options' settings.
Yup, you nailed it this time Agorabasta, it's in ProgramData folder. Thanks a million.

Flickr
NevHi
Heirophant

Unread post by NevHi »

Try Kim Henkel's "Ztree". http://ztree.com/ It does display junctions. The Ztree forum is here

http://www.ztw3.com/forum/forum.php
5D, 8000i, XD7