Jettec pigment inks for Epson R1800

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
chorleyjeff
Initiate

Jettec pigment inks for Epson R1800

Unread post by chorleyjeff »

Very specific question.
Can anyone offer an opinion about the quality of Jettec pigment inks for use in an R1800? Or advise another good quality 3rd party ink? I tried some Pro-Jet ink and its low price seems to equal low quality.
Epson inks are very high cost bought by the cassette and I don't yet have £300 for a continuous ink system! And continuous systems seem to be 3rd party inks anyhow.
Cheers
Jeff
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Jettec inks in our Epson 950 managed to leak and ruin the printer. They are about the best quality third party make, but there is still a big risk. I would stick to Permajet, Lysonic etc. Are you sure that a CIS for R1800 will cost you £300? Seems a lot to me. They are usually £150-200.

David
chorleyjeff
Initiate

Unread post by chorleyjeff »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Jettec inks in our Epson 950 managed to leak and ruin the printer. They are about the best quality third party make, but there is still a big risk. I would stick to Permajet, Lysonic etc. Are you sure that a CIS for R1800 will cost you £300? Seems a lot to me. They are usually £150-200.

David
Got the price from the Nova site. Checked other sites later and a Lyson system is advertised at £200 complete with 125ml bottles of ink which on reflection seems an OK price if they work properly.
Cheers
Jeff
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Lyson is the best - seriously. They work. They are the industry benchmark.

David
Kodaktryx

Unread post by Kodaktryx »

I have the Epson 800. Owing to the cost of the original inks.
I have not used it for a year, I send them down the line to Bonus print to have them printed.
If I had this lysonic system, would the results be has good as the original inks, and I wonder if the cartridges
are now so blocked up that they can't be cleared.

Anyone know the answers?

Thanks.

Ralph.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Lysonic do a cleaning cartridge which you can use to flush the system out if you want to leave it unused for a while. Epson don't.

David
Kodaktryx

Unread post by Kodaktryx »

Thanks David.

Are they located in the UK?
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Lyson are a UK company but sell worldwide. Their inks are well represented in the USA especially. Just Google for Lyson inks or Lysonic inks.

David