Race Track

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Race Track

Unread post by jbtaylor »

I am prepping for a possible shoot of a lifetime and for that I have to see what the a77ii can do video wise. Fast objects with minimal shake is the task. There is a drag race track not far from my home and I thought it might be a place to give it a go. Well, the video testing was less than optimal and I will have to make a second trip.
I did get some stills though. Tough conditions given the light, proximity to the subjects, and the lens / crop factor issue.

a77ii and Sony 70-200mm

Wrinkle Wall- heated tires tend to wrinkle at take off as the torque is so strong and the track is so sticky.

Go Pro- some participants record their own run. Again, I caught him at take off as noted in the wrinkle in the bottom of the back tire. If memory serves, this guy broke 150mph in the quarter mile.

Wheels Up- again at take off, but this time the front end gets off the ground.

White Balance- interesting contrast in lighting on the inside and outside of the trailer.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Race Track

Unread post by aster »

Hi, JBTaylor;

There's a Racing or specialized-automotive-magazine quality to your shots; especially the color warmth or white balance differences as you pointed out already, and definitely a vintage/nostalgic feel. Good atmosphere. I hope you fully enjoy and get the shots that'll be for keeps. :) Hopefully, you'll share the fun!

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz