Honey

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Honey

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

There are too many people who do not like honey, some even despise it, some have severe allergic reactions to it and so forth... but most people love and know quite well the benefits and its importance for health in general.
So have a look at this in its pure and natural state. We just slice it and eat (chew, if you want).
Bon apétit.

Shot with A700 + SAL50M28 + flash (in the kitchen, before slicing it). :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Honey

Unread post by Javelin »

I love Honey! I don;t use it in cooking though.. I should try it instead of white shugar in somethings
Dr. Harout

Beware of the 3 toxic whites: salt, sugar and flour. :idea:

Flickr
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I like honey too. When I was growing up in Texas one of my favorite things was fresh biscuits with honey. :)

Speaking of honey it reminds me of something. In 2001 my wife and I spent 4 months backpack travelling in Europe (Greece, Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, France, England) and during that time we stayed for about 2 weeks at a hotel in Munich. Every morning we would go to the dining room and eat breakfast and for about 4-5 days during our stay there were two big, burly Russian guys we would see eating breakfast every morning. One of them *loved* honey. He would eat 10 or so of the breakfast honey cups with a spoon. Didn't put it on bread, just ate the honey plain. He would eat them one after the other. My wife got to where she called him the Russian Bear when we were talking. :)
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

As a beekeeper, it's hard not to eat so much you get sick, at least when harvesting!

In good years you can pick out the pink cells from the cherry blossoms, and get great cherry flavored honey. Too bad there's never enough for more than a taste.

Maybe I should find a cheery orchard to put them in!
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Like many others I also have a history with bees and honey.

Until the age of seven I lived in a house by a lake which had two bee hives in its garden, the sole purpose being, able to get fresh honey from our bees that collected pollen from the diverse vegetation around the beautiful area on the outskirts of a big city. I remember being chased and stung by the bees many times when some naughty kids irritated them by sticking branches into their peaceful hives. Until the day we moved away to an other place I had developed the idea that everyone around the world were beekeeping in their gardens for their requirements. It came as a shock when we moved to the heart of the city where gardens were scarce and had to pay for honey contained in glass jars on market shelves. Not being able to smell the incredible frangrance of fresh honey before eating it was odd for a very long time.

I use it for everything edible and more...good for coughs,..makes a nice beauty mask for skin care,..is an anti-oxidant,...relaxes the body after a hard day's work...

Love it, it's a wonder in itself! :D

Yildiz
Dr. Harout

Bon apétit, Yildiz. :D

Flickr