Just got my copies of the Photoworld ...

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Birma
Tower of Babel

Just got my copies of the Photoworld ...

Unread post by Birma »

... and they look excellent - thanks for getting these to me so promptly. Just the sort of inspirational reading for the few days holiday I have coming up in Pembrokeshire.

See you all when I get back - hope I have some pictures to post :-)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Just got my copies of the Photoworld ...

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

We have had quite a run on renewals from readers who seem to have missed an entire mailing we sent out two months ago, so we have been putting a lot of copies in the post this week. I'm still baffled by the zero response to a fairly large mailing (hundreds of reminder notices) sent out in April, with many people saying that notice was never received. If I thought it possible, I would assume a mailbag or a batch of mail has been lost or destroyed. I was depressed for a bit because I thought this was a symptom of the switch to internet - no-one at all renewing their subs! Then we did another reminder in June, and the responses have come flying in, with more than half of them being readers who had missed one or even two issues. Same sort of letter, same sort of posting method and response method.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying whatever mags we have sent out!

Enjoy your trip to Wales and don't forget a tripod. The west coast light is fantastic after sunset in the summer, and some of the best shots are only possible with a pod.

David
Lobo
Initiate

renewal

Unread post by Lobo »

Hi David,
Isn't subscription automatically renewed? I hope I've not let mine lapse? I would be most upset, because I really would like to continue receiving Photoworld. :(
Here's my postcode, if your able to check: SL3 8JJ.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Your renewal is in the run going through this month (I am late, it has to be done manually and I have just not had the hours to spare to tap in 250 sets of numbers yet). If it fails, you still have one issue in hand, and you get a letter saying the CC has not worked, and time to send new details. We do the auto renewals in the month before the last magazine is due for the sub, or around that time. That gives us three months to contact any failures and get a response. So those who don't want to miss an issue should be safe - unless the Post Office mysteriously loses a consignment of hundreds of franked letters :-(

David
Lobo
Initiate

Unread post by Lobo »

Thanks for setting my mind at rest, David.

Regarding the contact at Sony: Can I email Bernard via the Photostore even if I'm asking about a product I'm purchasing from another store (LCE)? I've had a flash on order now for several weeks and Sony still have not supplied it to LCE so that they can send it on to me! Very frustating! :(
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Bernard is not at the Photostore, he's working in Belgium and from home for Sony. He just has a contact email through the Photostore but nothing is properly running with him as a helpline, it's not really his job. Speak to David Jenner at LCE. They really have a high priority in Sony deliveries and if there is a delay, I doubt anyone can get the flash. Which flash are you trying to get?

David
Lobo
Initiate

Unread post by Lobo »

The flash I'm waiting for (ordered and paid for from the London Camera Exchange) is the Sony wireless flash HVL-F56AM. I ordered it back in May from LCE who have, to this date, no luck in receiving it from Sony, in spite of daily deliveries from them. :( I've spoken to David Jenner (I think) and he has promised to chase things up.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I suggest that you switch to the 42 model, although it is a little less powerful. It will offer future compatibility for the new 58 model's ratios and grouping, which the 56 does not, and it has some extra features and good ergonomics. The 56 is on its way out as a discontinued product, the 36 and 56 are being replaced by the 42 and 58.

David
Lobo
Initiate

Unread post by Lobo »

Thank you David for the information regarding the 56 flash; it was extremely useful. I had no idea that the 56 was an old model and at the time of ordering had believed it to be the current flash. I got in contact straight away with the LCE and they have agreed (as I'd already paid in full) to let me have the 58 flash (as soon as it comes out in August) for the same price - so this is good news indeed! Yes, I'll have to be patient and wait a little longer, but it will be worth it! :D