Photography for a friend's website

Do you have a pBase or Flickr gallery? Stage your show here with links.
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Photography for a friend's website

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

http://www.realitycheckservices.com

I did a little project for a friend and coworker last week. He's launching a life-coaching/mentoring service for at-risk teens and wanted some specific shots for his website. I wasn't building the site so I just gave him the untouched jpg files to work with, trusting his webmaster to make him (and me) look good. What do you think?

Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Photography for a friend's website

Unread post by aster »

Hi Kevin,

If you hadn't mentioned his occupation of interest I would of said that he looks like an intimidating bodyguard with his tattoo covered torso and that slanted expression in his eyes. Even in a nice shirt and suit he looks very over-bearing. Maybe this is a good look to relate to the at-risks teens, as he has the same defiant look as any radical teen. A good example to the concept of 'appearances can be deceiving'. :D He apparently is a very good person to shoulder a job of protecting and preparing them for their own future.

I like the photos in general but the first seems to have a busy background with that grid while the second has a solid background as a door which in fact I think is better. :D

Hope he succeeds!

Yildiz
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

At first I didn't like the tearaway with the green.. mat(?) but it fits the site very well and fits very well. the second pose you show here I don't like for the suject of the web site but it's a very good picture. I think the demeanor depicted is wrong. I wouldn't trust the guy in the second picture with my kids ..
KevinBarrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Lol! I didn't like the first shot posted here, either, but he wanted to try it and it turned out to be his favorite of the batch. I provided him with a batch of more "sensitive" looking head shots that he didn't use, but I'll certainly keep them for my portfolio.

Jesse is a good guy and a very intelligent nurse. The kids love him, call him "superman," and the tattoos stay covered at the hospital.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

he kinda reminds me of a martial arts instructer I had once for a few weeks. he liked Karate and had hands built up like his. and was heavy into competitions. like the awards system and everything. he was alittle too big for it though.
MichaelRoli
Acolyte

Photography for a friends website

Unread post by MichaelRoli »

Keep going, the planet is looking kinda sexy now ;D

Can I get props for the lighting? <3