A few from me...

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bossel
Viceroy

A few from me...

Unread post by bossel »

Actually I don't know if I'd have selected these pics for posting, but these two get the most clicks on my (still tiny) flickr account.

First one is in Cannes, KM5D with Minolta 28-135.
Second one was at Munich Airport, KM5D with Sigma 10-20

The heli-shot was actually not easy, I was using just the center-focus point so I had to put the heli in the center of the frame, focus, and then recompose before it was gone. Only when you try this you suddenly realize how fast these beasts are. :mrgreen:

David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: A few from me...

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I regularly use Europecar and they have never provided either the girl, or a car like that! The last one was a Nissan Note and it was handed over by a middle-aged Spanish lady who spoke very good English.

The helicopter would benefit from some livening up of the tones if you make a print from it, but I bet that if you used Auto Levels it would a) look awful b) show up the dust spots you had on the sensor. Have you cleaned it since? They are not very obvious, but they are present, and in different conditions might require retouching.

David
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Thanks David - yes the sensor has been cleaned since!
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

bossel wrote: I was using just the center-focus point so I had to put the heli in the center of the frame, focus, and then recompose before it was gone.
I remembered a very interesting article from M. Hohner here: http://www.mhohner.de/recompose.php#update20080416 about recomposing. Although it has nothing to do with your shot, but thought that readers of this forum might as well see it.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr