lightroom catalog

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

lightroom catalog

Unread post by Javelin »

In Lightroom is iot possible to rename all of the directories in a catalog? What I have now in my catalog is a mixture or default settings for diretory names from importing photos from diferent software over the years and I wanted to clean that up
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Re: lightroom catalog

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Javelin wrote:In Lightroom is iot possible to rename all of the directories in a catalog? What I have now in my catalog is a mixture or default settings for diretory names from importing photos from diferent software over the years and I wanted to clean that up
I have not actually renamed a folder (directory) myself, but I just opened Lightroom, moved the cursor over one of the folders, and clicked the right mouse button. The menu that popped up included "Rename" as one of the options, so it appears to be an easy job.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
harvey
Oligarch

Unread post by harvey »

Javelin wrote:In Lightroom is iot possible to rename all of the directories in a catalog? What I have now in my catalog is a mixture or default settings for diretory names from importing photos from diferent software over the years and I wanted to clean that up
Just rename them in the Folders Panel of the Navigator (right click on folder name in Windows).
See the Creating and managing folders section of the Lightroom 2 manual.
It looks like you can "find" folders that you have moved in the OS as well.

Harvey
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Thanks guys. I knew I could do it one at a time through the right click menu. but I kind of wanted to do them as a batch routine. I might have to actually make a whole new catalog of my photos and might have the oppertunity then to do it.