psb files?

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
mikehawthorne
Grand Caliph

psb files?

Unread post by mikehawthorne »

hi all
when ever i do a regestry clean on my laptop i keep getting a photoshop psb file it gets deleted but i only have ps elements, and i have no way of making theses files, so how do they get in the registry.

i did not think elements makes them, how can i prevent them.

mike hawthorne
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: psb files?

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Elements uses Photoshop as its core engine - many components are the same. I suggest that Elements is creating the file and you should not worry about it. If you check directories for Adobe Application Support and Preferences I bet you will find many more such files.

David
mikehawthorne
Grand Caliph

Unread post by mikehawthorne »

hi david thank you for clearing that up for me, it was bugging me a bit.

by the way whatsyour take on camera clubs, i joind a local club full of old boys (to be honest they are the same age as me) but they seem so dogmatic always having disagreements. i am thinking of leaving it the online clubs like this seem so more helpfull.

i also noticiced the local club members taking shots just to please certain judges, instead of themselve. i woulf love to have a annual club meet with photoclub members, i think i would remain a member of photoclubalpha even if i changed to nikon or canon.

thanks again

mike hawthorne
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

You just discovered why camera clubs exist - to keep that mindset happy!

Why not see if a local college or uni photo society is open to all comers. Edinburgh Uni photo society where Sony did some talks earlier this year is open to everyone. The atmosphere/mindset is for obvious reasons not the same as a local camera club, but the age range is wide as well.

David