Only 2 smileys per post?

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
bossel
Viceroy

Only 2 smileys per post?

Unread post by bossel »

I just submitted an answer to the 'rights on photos' in this forum, and it was rejected because it contained 3 smileys :shock: There was an error message 'only 2 smileys per post are allowed'. Can we raise this to 5 or make it dependend on the length of the post? :|
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Only 2 smileys per post?

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I may alter it but it was put in place to discourage Sonolta from excessive visual hysterics in posts...

David
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

David Kilpatrick wrote:I may alter it but it was put in place to discourage Sonolta from excessive visual hysterics in posts...

David
I'm tempted to use more than two smileys just because you said that!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

more than 2 might mess with the smile detection on the cameras !
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Sonolta wrote:A better idea would be to limit DK to just two lies per thread
-Sonolta
Impressive: you are still here...
I think I can not manage rejection this way -even if I did a lot of progress in this field. Don't you want to be loved?
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris Malcolm
Heirophant

Unread post by Chris Malcolm »

Sonolta wrote: "But since people like talking about other people behind their backs on here..."

Although I've been using email and newsgroups since they were invented, I've only recently started using web forums like this one. I was under the impression that they were rather limited in the way they could handle discussions. I had no idea you could do something as sophisticated as "talk behind someone's back"!

How is this done?
Chris Malcolm
Heirophant

Unread post by Chris Malcolm »

Sonolta wrote:Who are you and what do you want? Are you posting here just to practice your typing skills? :roll:

-Sonolta
The answer to your question is in my previous post.
HFnotts
Initiate

Unread post by HFnotts »

Oh dear, I have tended to keep away from forums because of the way folk just don't seem to hold the basic courtesies of communication and tend to insult others so freely.
I had hoped this would be the same but I fear not from reading several threads. This is a great shame because there is much that anyone of whatever level of knowledge and experience can learn from postings.
It is easy to write things which are uncomplimentary on these forums and which, generally, would not be said in the same manner in a face to face conversation.
A little common courtesy to each other does not go amiss and really doesn't do any harm.
We all get bees in our bonnets and sometimes fly off the handle but a little delay in typing a reply associated with some forethought and consideration really can be quite beneficial.
I hate arguments and discourtesies from whatever source - but, then, I am a white haired, white bearded old crumbly from a previous generation! :D :lol:
HFnotts
Initiate

Unread post by HFnotts »

Thank you Sonalta.
You prove my point and I will not be visiting again.