Another new player in the HDR game

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Another new player in the HDR game

Unread post by paulmurphy »

Hi all,

In case you haven't seen it I just thought I'd let you know about a new player in the HDR software game, the programme is a free beta until november and looks good to me - it's called Oloneo and works directly with my A700 RAW files. I have no connection with the company etc, just thought you might like to try it

Here is one from this morning (3 shot auto-bracket -2, 0 and +2)

Best wishes

Paul
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Another new player in the HDR game

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Do want! Paul, is there any more info you can give us and do you have a link?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you, Paul. :D

I just took the liberity of downloading the beta software and will try it as soon as possible.

For those interested here's the link:

OLONEO DOWNLOAD PAGE

Yildiz
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Unread post by paulmurphy »

Sorry about missing the link - thanks Yildiz

Here are a few notes that may help, with programme use

Some tips for using Oloneo

To load images, select the folder you want to take the images from, to be the one displayed in the central panel by the following

In the browse module

Click on the small select folder icon to the right of the address bar at the top of the page.
Select the folder containing the images and press open
This will import them into the centre panel.

Creating an HDR

To use bracketed images click on the first image to be used, then press and hold the shift key and click on the last image to be used – this should highlight all the images

In the right-hand pane under project image selection click on add – the images will then appear in this panel

To create an HDR image, click on auto-align (if required) in the HDR tone map box and then create HDR tone map project, the software will now crunch data.

You will be presented with image in the edit module and have a number of options regarding tone-mapper to use and lots of options for adjustment – I suggest experiment (the time machine to the left hand side is like the Photoshop history option and you can go back at any stage).

I find the detail strength is great to emphasise details and the low dynamic tone sliders can affect the overall feel.

It will also ‘tone-map’ single images by following the same process but only selecting a single image.

When you save the image – look at the save as box the programme will give you its own file type but also TIFF and JPG options, you can also put in copyright data.

The help icons link to you tube videos and are also useful – the re-light projects look very interesting.

This is just a quick overview of what I find useful so far and I hope it is of some use.

Paul
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Have to give it a try. Thanks Paul.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr