The Thousand Yard Stare

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

The Thousand Yard Stare

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Any additional words from me would add no value . . .

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.co ... ept11.html

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: The Thousand Yard Stare

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Last nite I was watching the 10th anniversary coverage on the tribute to the 9-11 victims, Americas second day of infamy, it was probably even worse than the first. Even now I can’t quite come to grips with how demented those perpetrators were to have actually carried out such an obscenity.
I can still remember exactly where and what I was doing at the time, (waiting for a late nite show to come on), and then a message appeared running across the bottom of the screen about a plane having collided with one of the WTC towers, I found a live feed on one of the channels and stayed watching mouth open in disbelief for hours despite having to get up and go to work in the morning.
The one thing I found surprising was I was not really equipped for absorbing, (despite being historical reasonably well acquainted with man’s capacity for evil), that these individuals had found a way of dragging our existence to a new low.
And yes Tom you are correct about the Peter Turnley story, there isn’t much we who weren’t there can offer those who were except to wish them well.
Greg