NEX 7 Raw Support?

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
deathvalleydave
Heirophant

NEX 7 Raw Support?

Unread post by deathvalleydave »

Hello,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question, or if there is a way to search the forums to obtain an answer, but I heard the NEX 7 is supported by LR4, could anyone please let me know if the following programs also support the NEX 7:

Corel Aftershot Pro
DXO 7

Thanks for any input here...

Dave
Philip
Oligarch

Re: NEX 7 Raw Support?

Unread post by Philip »

Hi Dave,

Can't answer about Corel, but DXO 7 supports the NEX7 and a few lenses http://www.dxo.com/uk/photo/dxo_optics_ ... _equipment

Philip
deathvalleydave
Heirophant

Do you get NEX 7 support with the Standard edition of DXO 7? Or do you have to pay extra for the NEX 7?
Philip
Oligarch

Unread post by Philip »

Website says it's the standard - follow the link above and enter Sony and Nex 7 as brand and model and it will tell you what lenses are supported and the version you require.

Philip

Edit - you need to select the standard or elite tab once you've selected brand and model.....
deathvalleydave
Heirophant

Re: DXO 7 - File System access?

Thank you - just a final question on DXO 7 - does it give you access to the File System while you're working on photos? i.e. does DXO 7 force you to import a library or catalog like LR3? or is it like Bibble 5, where you have access to the File System.

Thanks again!
Dave
Philip
Oligarch

Unread post by Philip »

Unlike Lightroom you do not have to import a catalogue, you select the file(s) from its folder, make your alterations and then hit process! DXO do a time limited trial version so you don't have to outlay any money to give it a go. The RAW processing in version 7 is much better with my A100/A700/A900 files then the v6, which when viewed at 100% always appeared to be 'watercolour like' along colour contrasting boundries (that's the only way I can describe the effect).

Philip