Experience using the Sigma macro ring flash on the NEX 7 ??

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
twm47099
Oligarch

Experience using the Sigma macro ring flash on the NEX 7 ??

Unread post by twm47099 »

Does anyone have experience using the Sigma macro ring flash (a-mount model) on the NEX 7?

If so is it compatible?

Thanks
Tom
Mark K
Grand Caliph

Re: Experience using the Sigma macro ring flash on the NEX 7

Unread post by Mark K »

Not directly answering your question but my experience of using old Minolta ring or Canon ones are not happy....and it turns out that I need everything to set manually so..there is no reason why Sigma is not working/ is working with Nex 7.

I have colleague to use Nissin's ring flash successfully with his D3s, instead of the original Nikon ring flash he also has.
twm47099
Oligarch

Unread post by twm47099 »

twm47099 wrote:Does anyone have experience using the Sigma macro ring flash (a-mount model) on the NEX 7?

If so is it compatible?

Thanks
Tom
I just bought a used NEX-7 to use with my Minolta manual focus macro equipment. My concern above was if Sony had changed any flash protocols that would make my Sigma macro ring flash not work correctly. I know that my Minolta old AF ring flash only fires at full power on all the a-mount, and wanted to know in advance if the Sigma, which works well on my A700, also would work on the NEX-7.

To answer my own question - The Sigma Macro Ring Flash (A-mount version) does work well in P-TTL mode (the standard Sony a-mount preflash TTL mode) with my Minolta MD lenses.

Tom
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Tom - glad to know it worked out :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.