Video Redo

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Almazar80
Grand Caliph

Video Redo

Unread post by Almazar80 »

I've re-edited a video that I posted earlier this year (of our family vactation in Wyoming). I've cut down scenes to 1-3 seconds in length. I hope you like the new version.

https://vimeo.com/53995443

I attached an HX9V in the hood of the rental. The other scenes were filmed with a NEX-7 and the A77.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Video Redo

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Enjoyed it again. tfs
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Winston,

I liked the first one a lot because the longer "drive scenes" gave me more time to enjoy the view. I thought it was a great way of showing the area as opposed to shooting it from one, non-moving point. It's very engaging. Cutting those scenes in this new version doesn't give me the time to look around. So personally, I would have left those scenes as they were in the original. Also, the really short scenes that follow very rapidly gave me a bit of a nervous, chaotic feeling. I did not have time enough to really register what you were trying to show me.

What did work for me were the shorter clips of Old Faithful (0:42 to 0:47). The rapid succession of those scenes gave me a sense of zooming in from the whole geyser to the little puddle of boiling water.

Love your work on this! Thanks for sharing!

Mark
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

I want to visit Yellowstone . :) Thanks for sharing. I did not see the
first one so I cannot compare. This is good enough for me to want to
visit Yellowstone. :)

With best regards,
Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Almazar80
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Almazar80 »

Thanks for the comments. I'd go to Yellowstone in a heartbeat. And the Tetons as well. I'd love to be there in the winter, though you have to use a snowmobile to move around the park.

As for the edits in the driving scenes. I have literally hours of driving video in Yellowstone and the Tetons. I just let the camera run until it a) overheated or b) the SD card filled up or c) we stopped. The suction cup system I was using worked out really well, though it made me nervous all the time. I am not quite sure which version of the video I prefer, but I've wanted to use the music from Princess Mononoke for a while. Being a film basically about respect for nature and the environment, I thought it was appropriate to use as the background music a trip to these great national parks.