Minolta Dimage Scan Dual Film Scanner

Minolta scanners, scanner support and replacement choices
Tim Higgison
Acolyte

Minolta Dimage Scan Dual Film Scanner

Unread post by Tim Higgison »

A wee while back I bought a new desk top running on Windows XP, previous one running on Windows ME.

I loaded the software for the scanner, ( Vr 1.1), but when trying to access it via Photoshop the following message appeared:

"An unexpecte error has occurred. Stop processing".

On pressing "return" the following appeared:

"Could not complete command because there is no scanner installed".

This puzzles me as the film scanner is first on the chain and my old Astra 600S is last and can be accessed by Photoshop.

Has anyone got any suggestions to help me to get my film scanner back on line.

Many thanks,

Tim Higgison
[email protected]
Omega892
Oligarch

Re: Minolta Dimage Scan Dual Film Scanner

Unread post by Omega892 »

Tim Higgison wrote:Has anyone got any suggestions to help me to get my film scanner back on line.

Many thanks,

Tim Higgison
[email protected]
By your mention of chain I guess were are talking SCSI here.

If that is the case make sure your terminations are correctly set ON for the last device in the chain and off for the filmscanner.

Are the drivers suitable for XP?

I have a system here that has an Astra SCSI flatbed on the end with a Scan Speed down stream then a SyQuest drive then CD-Writer and rack mount slot for hot swapped hard drives in caddies. There is also a SCSI HD on the internal connector of the SCSI host card. These all work together quite happily when running Windows in a RISC OS window.
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin