Mirror-less bubble bursting?

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Mirror-less bubble bursting?

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

http://www.43rumors.com/mirrorless-sale ... retty-bad/

I felt some time ago that the type of buyer who might get into this camera system probably wouldn't be your typical buys in extensively DSLR type shooter. Granted not all DSLR shooters buy tons of stuff, but I think ILC systems are smaller and less likely to bag the gear buyers in big numbers. Maybe a sensible choice for potential premium compact shooters (ie get a bigger sensor for a decent price bargain hunters)

That's a heavy fall in numbers really bigger than most would have expected. It looks to me as if loads of makers jumped into the party to grab a slice of the cash, but is the party over, the lights fading and people wandering off home?
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Mirror-less bubble bursting?

Unread post by pakodominguez »

I believe the Pentax Q will dominate the market in the near future...
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

If mirrorless sales are doing poorly, I think it is because of the wave of entry-level full-frame cameras which became available. As an APS-C DSLR shooter, I considered getting a full-frame camera so that the larger sensor justified the bulk of the DSLR format, or getting a mirrorless camera so that my APS-C sensor would be more portable. The D600 and EOS 6D put full-frame systems much deeper within reach of anybody else pondering the same choice.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

More graphics showing the mirror less slump!
http://www.43rumors.com/camera-slaes-hi ... slr-rules/

Might be time to shelve that NEX FF body
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

Interesting graphs, but it does not surprise me. Panasonic in their bid to stay market leaders in the mirrorless CSC sector have if you notice brought their G series designs nearer and nearer with each new model to a DSLR shape and styling. I guess they thought it would appeal more. I must admit, I would much prefer the option of a EVF/LCD on a camera rather than having to hold it at arms length all the time with just a LCD display. High end compacts are starting to challenge the CSC's.
Canikon are still market leaders and currently have no big concerns about CSC's.
The initial sales boom for CSC's seems to have levelled out.