A little photo detective work.

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
the_hefay
Viceroy

A little photo detective work.

Unread post by the_hefay »

This summer I lost my sunglasses. For most people this isn't a big deal. However, they were a pair of Bolle sunglasses that are no longer made and they are prescription. This means that even if I could find a pair on ebay, it would still cost me well over $400 with the prescription to replace them. I knew I had them on a hiking trip in July I took with my niece. I searched my backpack, her backpack, both my vehicles, her parents vehicles, my parents vehicles, etc. multiple times. But then this morning, I saw something on facebook. It was a picture I had uploaded of my niece and me getting ready to start the hike. Attached to the shoulder strap of my backpack was my sunglasses case. I pulled out my backpack and instead of searching all the pockets again, I flipped it over and there they were hanging from the strap. The discovery of which was great cause for a loud Wyoming, "WAAHOOOO!" :D
Attachments
_DSC1564 Lightroom 1024.jpg
the finding of the sunglasses.
(488.44 KiB) Downloaded 1248 times
Pitter
Grand Caliph

Re: A little photo detective work.

Unread post by Pitter »

What a relief!
Sony a6000 with 1.8 24 mm
Sinan
Acolyte

Unread post by Sinan »

Another reason for having this great hobby. hehe
Sony A55 Tamron 18-200 | Minolta 50 1.4 | Tamron 17-50 | Sony 35 1.8 | Tamron 90 | Sony 55-300 | Tamron 60 | Sony 16-50 | Sony 16-105 | Samyang 85 1.4 | Sigma 10-20 | Sigma 50 2.8 | Sony RX100 II 1.8 | Photo Against Photo
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Jeff,
Nice shot. Often I need my glasses to see where I kept my glasses. :lol:
Those are some serious back packs you have there.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
the_hefay
Viceroy

It was a relief. My eyes are a little sensitive to bright light which is mostly only a problem driving in the winter on a bright sunny day with a snow cover on the ground. So I was just about to spring for a new pair so I could have them for the winter when I found these. Was it ironic that it was on Thanksgiving Day or was it Providence. Personally, I'll give God the credit on this one.

Sury, I hear you on needing glasses to find glasses. And yes, those packs were big. I probably carried too much stuff, but it was her first real backpack trip and so I carried a little extra food and gear to try and minimize the chance of her having a negative reaction to wilderness trips. She did very well, and next time my pack will be lighter. The pack she was wearing wasn't really that heavy, but it was a little oversized. I told her dad that he needed to invest in a nice pack that's her size. I hope he is able to do so. Of course I also was carrying a camera, three lenses, and a tripod. But, then again, I can't really leave the photography gear behind. It comes before food and water. :)
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

But, then again, I can't really leave the photography gear behind. It comes before food and water.
I am glad you are teaching her young, what are the important things on camping for photographers. :lol:
Beautiful young lady, by the way.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
the_hefay
Viceroy

Yes she is a beautiful young lady. I really enjoy going on excursions with her because although she doesn't really use a camera much, she doesn't mind me spending a lot of time taking pictures. :)