From my recent trip to Cambodia

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: From my recent trip to Cambodia

Unread post by aster »

sury wrote:Yildiz,
Thank you and the link is appreciated. It is a pity that such actions are taken. I have seen it
quite often in India too. Unfortunately, it is often too late we realize the severity of these
actions. On a positive note, Siem Reap province seems to be very proactive in preserving and
even restoring these temples. They are teamed up with various countries (Japan, Taiwan, and India
to name a few) to restore the ruins.

Sury

Hi Sury;

That's good to hear. :) A precious place indeed and well worth preserving as their economy relies on such good tourist attractions. Glad that it's recognized highly-worthy and collaborations are made to conserve and restore by some good countries' officials and savvy people.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Here is an example of the collaboration with India. BTW, this is the only place I have seen an overt display of collaboration information.
At Ta Prohm. I think the image has enough resolution to zoom in and read the text.

This is the photo of the left side of the temple as you are looking at it.

Imager
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Impressive final look, Sury.

Good work. Impressive details in the second photo as well. Intriguing cultural / archeological heritage.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Fotogeorge
Heirophant

Unread post by Fotogeorge »

Sury, I enjoyed your images. I always say, that street scene images should tell a story, if at all possible. Well, I especially liked the first image, that showed a blend of cultures in cuisines. It made me think. Did you see any McDonald's or Starbucks? I wonder how long it would take for Mexican and Kmyr cuisine blend into one. Tasting the food in that restaurant could have told another story. I noticed that in the blend of Japanese and Peruvian in the Peruvian restaurants, that I had visited in California. I think of the blends of 16 century Spanish into Mayan, Inca, and Philippine cuisines, after the arrival of the Conquistadors. Locally, I see Japanese cuisine featured in almost every Chinese or Thai restaurants. On TV, I saw a restaurant review show about a Sushi restaurant, that blends Mexican with Japanese cuisine. It's just a thought.
KM7D, Sony A350, A580, A-700, A57, A65, A5100 , a6500 , & a7iii, plus a bunch of lenses.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Fotogeorge and welcome to the forum. I did not see any McDonald's or Starbucks. I agree tasting the food in that restaurant could have told another story. Or even at one of the several Indian restaurants. Even the local restaurants we visited offered a variety of non Cambodian items (e.g. Pasta, Burgers, Steaks etc). I did not see a "fusion" centric menu at any of the restaurants we visited. My wife tried local vegetarian fare and enjoyed it. Well, they do use quite a bit of chili peppers similar to South Indian cuisine. :D

As for the Mexican restaurant, we got down the tuk-tuk and turned the corner and the board was staring at us. I was totally caught off guard. Last thing I expected was a Mexican restaurant in the middle of Siam Reap. We had a brief stay and did not want to miss out the local fare.

Sury.
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper