We have Rembrandt

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
MFS
Heirophant

We have Rembrandt

Unread post by MFS »

The one and only Dutch Artist Painter, famous for his use of light. As a tribute I produced this one. It's an oldie but who cares. It's new On PA. It's called Rembrandt's Light.

Model DYNAX 7D
Flash Used No
Focal Length 200 mm
Exposure Time 1/250 sec
Aperture f/5.6
ISO Equivalent 100
John.

Sony A700 - KMD7D + Grip - HS5600 D and some Minolta Lenses
MFS
Heirophant

Re: We have Rembrandt

Unread post by MFS »

Hahahahahahaha. Sure It's also digiart but you just don't have Rembrandt (with dt at the end, you see DT lensen he used in the 17th century already) and his light. But then again we don't have Sharon Stone :D Btw is it Don or Dan?

P.S. Ever been Down Under?
P.S. 2 : I'm off to bed, it's 3:30 in the morning overhere.

Catch you later.
John
John.

MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

You've made your point Don. You're a very versatile shooter. But what about the "photo" I posted?
John.

MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

This one, as presented in this topic, is 300 dpi and that is what I usally use. It's the default I entered in C1P when I export my MRW to 16 bits tiff to CS3.
John.

MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

The original was a 3000x1992 pixels Minolta File, but I dont have it any more. Deleted it I guess, can't find it anyway om my HD. From the original I took a crop, the part I wanted too use for the final result. That part is a square from 930*930 pixels 300 dpi. Thats the colored part you see in the middle, so without the frame. The presented is 800 pixels at the longest side. Still 300 dpi.
John.

MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

Right, you're a modern version of are famous Dutch Painters I reckon. Very vibrant and colorful stuf you've made. Do you make some sort of living out of this or is it just for fun/hobby?
John.

MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

OK, you got me on this one. Let me see if I understand you (my Dutch is better than my English).

It's actually a wall and you took Photo's of it, from several parts of the wall. These photo's make great 24 inch (=60.96 Centimeters as one inch is 2.54 cm). Pretty large prints. Not bad. Finally you sold all the prints at once to a guy who framed them and hung'm.

Now I do better understand your question about the size of my alterd Rembrandt.

Sorry for the inconvinience about not understanding everything at once. It's been a while since I left school you know. The Dutch should not have trade in New Amsterdam too the English for Surinam. (that is how New Amsetrdam became New York, Amsterdam is in Holland and York is an English place). We could have talked in Dutch if the didn't. I hope you dont use too much slang.
John.

MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

Ok, that makes thing more clear. And what lens U use for this kind'o work? You must be able too get as close as possible I think?
John.