Service Advice - Minolta 28-75 2.8

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
PeterP

Service Advice - Minolta 28-75 2.8

Unread post by PeterP »

I live in Thailand, some time ago I bought the above on e-bay. It came from the USA to England (my e-bay address) and was then brought over here by a friend.
It's soft - across the whole range and even up to f8+. I gave it to the Bangkok KM service people, they were told by Singapore to do it themselves and who took 3 months getting a manual before trying unsuccessfully to fix it. They dismantled it and found nothing broken. They admitted they didn't understand the lens and suggested I fly to Singapore to get it fixed (the regional service centre). To be fair they made no charge. I've since discovered that they simply don't have the kit to do many jobs.
So, I have a very expensive door stop.
Next month I am going to England for about 10 days. I was considering bringing it back and getting it serviced in the UK. Can anyone suggest who should do the job and how I contact them?
Peter
Philip
Oligarch

Unread post by Philip »

JP Service Solutions (Johnsons Photopia Ltd, Hempstalls Lane, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 0SW) tel. 01782 753366 have taken on all the Konica Minolta warranty servicing in the UK and are worth contacting. However, they do not service everything on site - my TC1 was shipped first to Germany, and then on to Japan when it had a lenscover related problem - a 3 month round trip! The problem was that they couldn't tell me the likely turn around time until they had the camera on the bench.

I'm sure David K. could suggest some other companies. Hope this helps.

Philip
PeterP

Jp service Solutions

Unread post by PeterP »

Thanks Philip - I have e-mailed them.
Peter