Weather Today- in Your Vicinity

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Weather Today- in Your Vicinity

Unread post by aster »

Hi, :D

With some luck and contributions this thread can turn into our daily weather check point. In time it might even help travellers for preparing for their ultimate destinations...

All you have to do is shoot a photo everyday if you can find the time post it here and state the local temperature and weather conditions...

Yildiz

Here's my starter for Istanbul today:High 4° C
Chance of snow
Windy
-----------------------------------------------------
A possible bench that you may have to share with snow...
bench 1024.jpg
(682.6 KiB) Downloaded 5787 times
A cafe that would rather have you seated indoors today...
cafe-1024.jpg
(867.35 KiB) Downloaded 5787 times
Town's creatures may appear to be on a hunting spree...
city creatures 1024.jpg
(459.2 KiB) Downloaded 5787 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Weather Today- in Your Vicinity

Unread post by aster »

If your taxi drives you through Besiktas when you arrive in Istanbul, you'll most probably see these monuments in this state and condition...

Ottoman monument comprising a graveyard...
ottoman graveyard-1000.jpg
(646.86 KiB) Downloaded 5787 times
The plaza with Ottoman canons...
istanbul1- 1024.jpg
(649.15 KiB) Downloaded 5787 times
And maybe you can head towards the Bosphorus' waters and share a bench with fresh snow...
bench2bosphorus-1024.jpg
(628.17 KiB) Downloaded 5787 times
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Very nice shots Yildiz. I specially like the last one. It's beautiful.
I think we will have that snowy storm tomorrow, here in Yerevan.
That's a very nice idea to have a "forecast" thread. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thanks Dr. Harout, :)

It'll be more like 'weather aftercast' I suppose and will only work for 'today' shots and will only help those travelling on that exact date...A long shot away from being helpful as a forecast but will definitely give an idea of what the conditions are for travel-enthusiasts.

We can always look back and track what it was like though... So the more entries on daily basis, the more memories in the future to remember. :D

Please don't forget to share your storm when it arrives in Yerevan... :D One frame tells a million ...

Yildiz
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Dr. Harout wrote:Very nice shots Yildiz. I specially like the last one. It's beautiful.
Seconded :D
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thanks Bossel, :D

Looking forward to your 'weather today' photos! I know you travel fairly frequently, so you have the chance of posting from different locations also.

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Great live weather report from Istanbul Yildiz, looks a little nippy though (for someone who lives in the tropics that is), seems you got plenty of snow this year, I think you said once that sometimes you don't get a lot.
I like the canon with the snow on top, and those lonely benches and seats.
Greg

ps. I only shot one photo today and haven't downloaded it yet, it was only to record the success or failure of my anti pigeon device, (the pigeons have found my feeding spot for the doves after 20 years, and of course they shove the doves out of the way). I found some weldmesh down in the old chook-house and rested it horizontally on four pavers (two inches thick) so the pigeons can't get at the seed I put there seperately, the plan was, the doves can walk underneath and not be bothered by the pigeons. Only one problem, some pigeons (not many) can actually squirm into such a small space under the mesh as it turns out.....hmm
I'll inset the pic later when I get a minute.

Todays (04-02-10) Townsville weather. Fine Temp 36° C Humidity 60% Wind SE 5-10 Kts.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thanks Greg,

You are enjoying a good summer's day indeed in Townsville!
Looking forward to your photo-report... :)

You certainly are into some special task there with the pigeons. I hadn't realized that they could be an annoyance for the doves but I do know that pigeons can feed on seeds almost endlessly once they find the spot. There was a couple that were persistent that they wanted to make their nest on a cupboard in my balcony and I had to clean the branches and feathers they kept bringing for the construction of the nest. After about five deconstructive attempts from me and closing all windows and doors they move elsewhere and make that nest.

This is regularly repeated each year at the end of May. :)

Yildiz
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Nice shots, Yildiz! My favorites are the hunting kitty and the ornately carved headstones. We'll forgive you for posting a canon in the Sony forum, though... :lol:
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

We may be in wicked weather if the 2 storms bearing down on Maryland collide. Estimates of 2 feet or more of snow have been kicked around. If so, then you will have plenty of pictures from my bedroom window.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Yildiz, I like all of the photos, but my favorites are the one with the cat and the one with the cafe chairs turned up on a cold winter day. I am in Austin, Texas at the moment and although a few days ago we had gorgeous weather here (sunny and 22-23C) it is raining and about 7C now. Actually, I like walking in the rain in Tokyo to take photos because it is a big city. In the suburbs of Austin it is not nearly as appealing. :) Supposed to be warmer and some sun tomorrow though.
Last edited by bakubo on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

KevinBarrett wrote:Nice shots, Yildiz! My favorites are the hunting kitty and the ornately carved headstones. We'll forgive you for posting a canon in the Sony forum, though... :lol:
That's a good one ! :D

And thanks for the nice thoughts on the photos. Definitely wish to see your 'weather today' shots...and they don't even have to be anything too artistic.. :) We'll forgive you for not taking your off-camera lighting equipment to take some weather aftercast candids!

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

jbtaylor wrote:We may be in wicked weather if the 2 storms bearing down on Maryland collide. Estimates of 2 feet or more of snow have been kicked around. If so, then you will have plenty of pictures from my bedroom window.
Hmmm, knowing for a fact how storms can take over life in N. America, that definitely would be a sight to register and record!

Looking forward to your weather aftercasts Jbtaylor. :)

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you Bakubo, :)

You're the ultimate street-life photographer of the forum, therefore I'm sure you'll someday soon in the future find the time and the proper location that you think is worth taking a weather report photo...and enjoy it too!

That kitty was deeply focused on 'one' prey the human eye wouldn't detect for sure, because the more I tried to see what it was preparing to spring on the less was visible of the prey but the kitty definitely knew what it was doing...I had to leave to focus on other subjects ... :)

Thanks,

Yildiz
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

All great shots Yildiz. Certainly give the feel of your weather.

Our weather SW. British Columbia Thurdays Feb 4
From a few I took today.

Bright sunny day about 10c

Rain on the way though.

Neighbours kids praying for snow. Olympic fever around here. ;^)