Launching soon?

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
paulobro
Initiate

Launching soon?

Unread post by paulobro »

Most probably as it is so often the case I'm wrong, but I'm seeing a strong hint on Sony Japan Alpha site a new body is soon to be launched, and it will be the "flagship" model.

Take a look and judge by yourself:
http://www.sony.jp/products/di-world/al ... summer_cp/

And if by any chance you can translate us that info in Japanese, I'd be certainly very grateful.
Paulo Brochado
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

It just seems to be an offer to give a hardback book, Sony Alpha Lenses, away to all Sony lens buyers who register their purchase on-line from June 15th to July 31st 2007.

David
jozphoto
Acolyte

Unread post by jozphoto »

David Kilpatrick wrote:It just seems to be an offer to give a hardback book, Sony Alpha Lenses, away to all Sony lens buyers who register their purchase on-line from June 15th to July 31st 2007.

David
man, the rumor mill is in full spin with imminient release of new DSLR bodies of Nikon, Pentax
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Pentax will have something new before late August, as they are doing a European press conference Aug 21 or so. That is a good indication of something to say, unless it concerns the Hoya merger.
andrew_broadfoot
Acolyte

Unread post by andrew_broadfoot »

Looks like all the other brand names have spoken, still waiting on Sony
Have a great day!
Carlj
Heirophant

Unread post by Carlj »

One or two of the other sites are showing the believed AA model in beta test - where? At the Nikon launch of all places!
Carlj
Heirophant

Unread post by Carlj »

So, September 4 is the expected launch date. Now when will they ship - just to muddy waters further still :)
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Sept 5th may actually be the date - 4th for arrival of journos. Still no invite for me. Other journalists have however been letting the date be known.

David
andrew_broadfoot
Acolyte

Unread post by andrew_broadfoot »

Hopefully around November so I can say up some money for it.
Have a great day!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Announcement will be on 6th actually. Press will be there on the 5th, stay overnight, then get up for a 8.00am press conference.

I am now quite happy I am not going :-) 6.00am breakfasts are not my favourite thing.

No doubt some of them will be on-line before lunch. The hotel rooms have wireless internet. It will be brought to a halt by the bandwidth.

David
Carlj
Heirophant

Unread post by Carlj »

So, how'd you get those sunrises :)

Noticed the pre-launch date forum posts at dyxum and dp have all died down now. You'd have thought the excitement levels would have upped....
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I have only ever photographed one sunrise in my life - accompanying John Watterson, who led a small expedition up to a desolate tarn above Windermere at an unearthly hour.

I'm a sunset person, and I miss too many of those while sitting enjoying a drink or a good dinner.

Actually, I tell lies, because in winter the sun rises in Scotland after I get up, it's just doesn't rise in a very worthwhile position relative to standard dog walk route.

David
Carlj
Heirophant

Unread post by Carlj »

Hmm, latest article, announcement date expected. Could Sony's big surprise not be the A300 (prefer Bob that's been floating around t'internet!) but in reality 2 Christmas releases? A300 and A110 - 12mp cmos version of the A100 at a price level to hit the D40x and 400D? Would affirm Sony's commitments to both the cmos sensor array (low noise A100 folks?) and also having a top notch model at each price point?
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I have been told this is a single-product launch. That does not mean they won't provide a new roadmap though.

David
Gagauza
Acolyte

Unread post by Gagauza »

Any rumors about the price of the body?! over 1000 euro ?! Any estimations?!