Lenses for FF?

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
HAustin

Lenses for FF?

Unread post by HAustin »

I am looking for an additional lens or two for my full frame a900. Sony/Zeiss lenses are pretty explicit on which ones work with full frame.
I am confused about which Sigma/Tamron/Tokina designations are for full frame and what all of the letters after the name mean.
I am looking for a 100mm or so Macro, a 16-30 or 40 wide angle, and a 300mm+, and can't seem to figure out which ones from the above mentions companies will work with all the built in features of my a900.
redsim74
Oligarch

Re: Lenses for FF?

Unread post by redsim74 »

For Sigma I believe all the "DG" lenses are full frame (as opposed to "DC" for the APS-C cameras).

With Tamron's newer lenses you'd be looking for a "Di" lens (rather than a "Di II" or "Di III").

Check out their websites to be certain...
John David Cubit
Heirophant

Unread post by John David Cubit »

Don't overlook used Minolta lenses. The ones made for film cameras are all full-frame. The 100mm macro is excellent.
Bruce Oudekerk
Initiate

Unread post by Bruce Oudekerk »

Try the Dyxum.com database of alpha mount lenses. Pick a focal length and with each lens it tells if it’s FF or APS-C. It’s a little bit cumbersome and it’d be nice if it was more obvious but it’s still pretty easy. Lots of info there.

Bruce