ALL SOLD - UK closet clearing

List items you wish to sell directly to other Photoclubalpha members
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

ALL SOLD - UK closet clearing

Unread postby mikeriach » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:35 pm

ALL NOW SOLD ON EBAY.

I'm taking Pako's lead here but maybe for different reasons.

I am quite enjoying my little diversion into Nikon and certainly for the foreseeable future will use both Sony and Nikon equipment.
After reviewing what equipment I have, and what I will likely be using it for, I now have a few items I no longer need for my Sony bodies. My A99 had some serious repairs last year and it is now developing quite stiff control wheels so I’m not sure how much longer it will hold out. The A77 and A77II are going well but I’ll likely sell the original body keeping the newer one for the wife.
Anyway I have the following for sale at the moment:

Sony SAL14TC 1.4x converter. Complete with original caps, box, instructions and pouch. Used with the 70-200G when I couldn't carry another long lens. Near mint condition with clean glass, no scratches. Even the mounts are scratch free. Offers around £225 postage free. UK stock new is around £440 but there are a few on eBay around £200 and grey imports are around £320.

Sony SAL70200G 70-200 f2.8 G. Complete with original caps, hood, filter and soft case. No box or instructions. I got this secondhand as at the time I simply couldn’t afford a new one. It is in very good condition, well used with the usual wear round the tripod mount/knob and a few small marks on the body. The hood has some scuffing and scratches. The glass is free of scratches but has interior dust on quite a few elements but it doesn’t affect the images. I will include the Hoya Pro1 digital MC protector filter which has been fitted since I got it. Because the condition isn't up to my usual standard, I’m only asking £825 postage included. Similar on eBay for around £900+ (no filters). I'll do a £50 discount if the lens and converter are bought together.

Konica Minolta AF 28-75 f2.8D. Complete with caps, hood, box and instructions. Excellent condition. Had a filter on from when I bought it secondhand but not included. A couple of dust spots inside the front element group which don’t show in images otherwise the glass is clean, no scratches. Offers around £200 postage included. Similar on eBay for around £250.

Tamron 28-300 f3.5-6.3 Di PZD for Sony A mount (Tamron model A010S). Complete with original caps, hood, filter, box, paperwork etc. A very good walk about lens which is what it was bought for and very handy it was too. Bought for the A99 for holidays and hill walking. Near mint condition, a small scuff on the lens hood where I bumped into a dry stone wall when climbing over. Clean glass with no scratches. Filter fitted since new and included (Sigma DG UV). Offers around £310 postage included. Similar on eBay for around £340 (no filters) and UK new stock is around £490.

If anyone is interested in an item, I can email some photos of them. I am always open to offers but please do not be offended if I turn them down. The items are not on eBay as yet so you guys have first refusal.

I don't really want to sell overseas, UK only please.

Mike
Last edited by mikeriach on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some Sony stuff and now some Nikon stuff (shock horror). Sony cannot supply what I want so rightly or wrongly I'm branching out to someone who does.

pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: UK closet clearing

Unread postby pakodominguez » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:01 pm

;-)
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Unread postby mikeriach » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Pako, I have a BIG closet but it would be nice to see some free space in it for a change!

Mike
Some Sony stuff and now some Nikon stuff (shock horror). Sony cannot supply what I want so rightly or wrongly I'm branching out to someone who does.

Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread postby Dusty » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:52 pm

Jeez, Mike, I have a whole storage room downstairs that I can barely walk thru! My closet only holds what I'm using at the time - beside a few clothes. And don't even ask my wife about the garage!

Of course, it not just camera gear, but hobbies of any type are both expensive and space consuming.

Dusty
A couple of a350's, an a700 and now an a580, plus even more lenses.

pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread postby pakodominguez » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:20 am

I always have to convince myself that I'm not a camera collector, and let equipment go. Some time good lenses, that I don't use anymore.
I remember a comment an old member of this forum, 01af, said: you can only regret selling good glass. I think he's right. But actually, I haven't regret selling a Minolta 85f1.4, a Beercan (I made money on this models), a 28-135 (never understood the hip on this lens, it was probably something at introduction, but not really by today standards).
Sometimes I think it was premature for me selling a Minolta 24 VFC (there was no FF e-mount at that time) and now I'm about to eBay a Minolta 100mm f2.5 and 85 Varisoft (it is redundant: I have also the Minolta 100mm soft focus...).
AS you can see, most of the lens rotation is on the "portrait" focal distance. I think that I finally found the quality I was looking for: the Lensbaby Twist 60mm
;-)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Private FS posts”