A mount s/h lens prices have "bombed"

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

A mount s/h lens prices have "bombed"

Unread postby bfitzgerald » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:40 am

I dig about the odd time on Ebay and shocked to see just how much prices have dropped
When you see a mint as new Zeiss Distagon T* 24mm f/2 ZA SSM selling for £450 or the 16-80mm CZ barely getting above £200 for a mint example things are really getting bargain land.

Sony's lack of action on A mount is no doubt to blame, they might try to get top prices on bodies and lenses new -the s/h market is dictating prices and they are dropping like a stone. On the upside there has probably never been a better time to get a lens :D
Some of the older Minolta lenses are even cheaper now I bagged a 100-200mm F4.5 from Japan with hood for £25

ValeryD
Viceroy

Re: A mount s/h lens prices have "bombed"

Unread postby ValeryD » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:35 pm

This price for used A mount was for years on eBay. :)
I can see only highest prices on new A mount lenses and very expensive E mount. :(
Everything in the life unusual!

bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: A mount s/h lens prices have "bombed"

Unread postby bfitzgerald » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:13 pm

I've not seen prices this low for some time for s/h lenses. Bodies is similar across brands ie they tank once they reach a certain age even if the cameras are in great condition. You can barely give a used A200 away nowadays or A700 as they are so old in terms of tech, some of the older Canikon FF bodies are silly cheap and crop even more bargain based.
What I see is entire system selling on the lenses I've noted there they are offloading their gear. Thus a good time to nab a few deals

Return to “Lens Lore”