A800 FF system - how I envision it

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
A1000

A800 FF system - how I envision it

Unread post by A1000 »

Camera: FF, small, light, inexpensive, built in flash, auxiliary wireless flash triggered by main flash, DOF preview

Exposure: manual, five program modes - very shallow, shallow, medium, wide, and very wide DOF, and aperture priority.

The camera would have 1:2 crop zoom - with a zoom lever

6 MP is enough for me and the 24 MP resolution could be taken advantage of for the 2:1 zoom function. It would make the system cheaper, as all lenses will have additional 2:1 zoom.

This is how FF would appeal to me at least. Use the extra resolution to make the system cheaper and good enough for most amateurs. Those who need 24 MP and FF throughout the range for DOF control - they would likely buy different lenses, or would use them when the extra resolution is needed.

I think that all DSLRs should have this crop-zoom function. On 16 MP APS-C you'll get at least 4 MP.

Very small add on bounce flash with a white card to throw light forward

good 24-200 mm lens, 12 mm prime, 400 mm prime. With 2:1 crop you'd get 12-800 mm range - with a 3 lens system. On 24 MP camera it makes at least 6 MP resolution throughout the range.

6 mm fisheye and 400-1200 mm zoom for those who want 6-2,400 mm, 4 lens system

Live view the way Sony implements it

Video function, 1080p, with 24, 25, 30, 50, and 60 fps frame rate

Cost $2000 for the body.

Sony has the technology to make it happen now, except the 50 and 60 fps frame rates.

I want A800 to be implemented this way. It could, IMHO, become extremely popular.

It could actually have additional programmed exposure functions and shutter priority for those who need it. I don't.