DSLR A1R "professional"

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: DSLR A1R "professional"

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

This rumor also ignores the previously (and more reliably) rumored F40 flash gun, which I suspect will be a "Quick Shift Bounce" design like the F58 but stripped of its extra connectivity for off-camera cables and external battery adapter.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
destrianlives
Initiate

Unread post by destrianlives »

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAH~~~ :lol: Look to the right... "Image No Available" haaahhaaah!hiccup!
Check out my free lighting articles at http://www.studiolighting.net and search for "David Griffin" or The Prince of Cheap
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Actually the spelling mistakes and the pigeon ingrish makes me swing back the other way, towards 'genuine'.....very clever.
Greg
Winedarksea
Heirophant

Unread post by Winedarksea »

You guys don't remember how much pigeon English (and bad spelling) was in Japanese spec sheets and instruction manuals in the 1950s, do you? before copywriters got ahold of them. I expect it is still the same, but today we never see it in the finished product. In any case, I don't think spelling and grammar have anything to do with validity in a case like this. Not to say that I think this is real--chances are it isn't.
Alpha 700, SAL 50 f1.4, SAL 18-250, SAL 85 f1.4 ZA
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Even when odd phrases are used, a spelling checker is normal in San Diego. Yup, it looks like a neat spoof.

David
Winedarksea
Heirophant

David Kilpatrick wrote:Even when odd phrases are used, a spelling checker is normal in San Diego. Yup, it looks like a neat spoof.

David
Good point--this is the day of spell checkers--although spell checkers can do strange things.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Winedarksea wrote: Good point--this is the day of spell checkers--although spell checkers can do strange things.
Also - even the most perfect tool is worthless if it is not used.

I work at a large company in a high-tech industry where the majority of the communication is done via computer - either e-mail or documents written in MS Word. Even though the company turns on the spell checker by default in both Word and Outlook, about 5-10 percent of the documents I see have spelling errors. Some people just ignore the indication that there is an error.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

I must admit that I also think that the A1R and A730 postings were clever fakes, but I was pondering how these "fakes" might fit into a Sony DSLR strategy, which must exist but is so far kept away from the public domain. It is clear that Sony are ambitious in their attack on this specific market. If they intend to pursue the APS-C and FF line and ignore 4/3 variants I must admit that the A1R and A730 cameras make some sense. They would give Sony a complete range from beginners through enthusiasts, semi pros and pros. Such a line might exclude professional sports photography, which would require additional lenses and support not currently available to other than CAN/NIK shooters. I was pondering the point about 24Mp FF being max for current lenses etc. (Canon with the 7D now have APS-C at 18Mp, which would equate near enought to the A1R "spec" for pixel density). I was just looking at some 100 ISO pictures I took the other day with my Panasonic LX3 at 100% (uprated to 50Mp). I continue to be amazed at the clarity and detail of these images. There is CA but Silkypix is able to remove it efficiently. Now, the sensor is listed as 1/1.63" CCD with total pixels 11,300,000. David Kilpatrick and others more technically competent than me can work out what Mp this sensor scaled up to APS-C or FF would be. The fact is that the 24-60 equivalent Leica lens can create stunning images. That being the case I cannot see why FF CZ lenses cannot cope with 36Mp FF. A Sony A1R type camera at say £4000 with wireless flash and tethering could give most MF cameras a run for their money with 100 Mb 8bits images. Think of fashion, studio, architecture and landscape. The focus would be on quality at lower ISOs. The A730 at 14 Mp would complete the range. Add a few lenses including a 24 or 28 mm T&S and Sony could be in business at a more competitive level.
Winedarksea
Heirophant

Winedarksea wrote:You guys don't remember how much pigeon English (and bad spelling) was in Japanese spec sheets and instruction manuals in the 1950s, do you? before copywriters got ahold of them. I expect it is still the same, but today we never see it in the finished product. In any case, I don't think spelling and grammar have anything to do with validity in a case like this. Not to say that I think this is real--chances are it isn't.
But it has been pointed out that these posts are Google translations of a Spanish site, and thus understandably garbled.

By the way, if there really is an A730, shouldn't we also expect an A780?
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Vidgamer »

UrsaMajor wrote: ... about 5-10 percent of the documents I see have spelling errors. Some people just ignore the indication that there is an error.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
I always notice grammatical errors like "there" vs. "their", etc., which pass through spelling checkers just fine. Yeah, the spelling is checked, but people just need to re-read their stuff a bit more. I get the feeling that people can rely too much on the tools, although, I'm glad to have the spelling checker in my browser!

About 36mp FF, I recently read an article on Luminous Landscape where they suggest that 35mp (I forget if that is the correct number, but thereabouts) might be the practical limit for FF sensors. For APS-C, they suggest around 15, IIRC. Perhaps the camera manufacturers already know this.