NUMBER OF SHUTTER RELEASES FOR SONY ALPHA 200? HELP PLEASE!

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: NUMBER OF SHUTTER RELEASES FOR SONY ALPHA 200? HELP PLEA

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Mark K wrote:Winston
I also have two A700s and Sony CS told me the later one was actually redesigned to improve some faults on the first generation. It was about 10 months after the first one

Greg:
After mixing up file names and dates in between different cameras I have, I decided to format the card everytime I insert my CF in a camera.
Mark
I was getting into the habit of treating the cards like a roll of film, I had quite a few spares and I bought a new one or two every now and then and when one became full-ish I'd replace it with a fresh one. So I've got a few that are still full of the images I took on them.
Greg

ps. Winston my service manual is a revised edition and contains what I took to be some updated parts on the A700, there is some diags. showing some items in blue. The 'notes' say that the items in blue have been revised. There seems to be four (so far) of what they call 'control switch blocks' these include the control wheels (both are contained in one assembly unit and include the button switches on the top deck) the mode dial and the focus selector switch and ribbon.
Winston
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Winston »

Greg Beetham wrote:[quote=
Winston my service manual is a revised edition and contains what I took to be some updated parts on the A700, there is some diags. showing some items in blue. The 'notes' say that the items in blue have been revised. There seems to be four (so far) of what they call 'control switch blocks' these include the control wheels (both are contained in one assembly unit and include the button switches on the top deck) the mode dial and the focus selector switch and ribbon.
Thanks Greg,
Doesn't seem like anything that affects performance or image IQ.

I guess I have two early models. They have both had wheel problems fixed with a little vacuuming.
Winston Mitchell
KM7D, A700, A77, A77M2, A7M3
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Yes Winston it's strange that problem, some never seem to get it, others only intermittant or not totally debilitating, and still others where it's very persistant and pervading. Looking through the manual I can say one thing for sure, the A700 is VERY complex under the hood.
Greg
agorabasta
Viceroy

Unread post by agorabasta »

My first a700 was bought in March '08, then I got the second one in Jan '09. The wheels on the second one were physically different - they were slightly thicker and they protruded a bit more out.
Then I got the older a700 serviced for the wheels problem, and got it back with new wheels looking exactly the same as the newer one had.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

The grip I have has a diferent dial than the camera does too and carried the same part number. I assumed it was an updated part