A77 - Nearly here

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: A77 - Nearly here

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

twm47099 wrote:Yeah. And then they could try to figure out how to automate that. You know something novel like:
mirror down = PDAF
press shutter release -- mirror raises -- exposure is taken
mirror drops ready to PDAF for the next shot. Maybe I'll try to patent the idea.

tom
Gee, you can't just share these ideas publicly! Soon everybody will be doing it and you'll get nothing!

(but I'll advance the idea with a viewfinder that faithfully represents perfect white balance and resolution, near-infinite dynamic range, and uses no power at all)
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

KevinBarrett wrote:
twm47099 wrote:Yeah. And then they could try to figure out how to automate that. You know something novel like:
mirror down = PDAF
press shutter release -- mirror raises -- exposure is taken
mirror drops ready to PDAF for the next shot. Maybe I'll try to patent the idea.

tom
Gee, you can't just share these ideas publicly! Soon everybody will be doing it and you'll get nothing!

(but I'll advance the idea with a viewfinder that faithfully represents perfect white balance and resolution, near-infinite dynamic range, and uses no power at all)
Now your going 'off planet' there KB, I don't know if the world is ready for such advanced still image taking ideas yet. :lol:
Greg

ps. I heard the ancients used too use high speed flash (1/50000sec) to arrest motion too, (camera and subject) but that was way back in the distant past, before the extinction of....common sense.
douglasf13
Heirophant

Unread post by douglasf13 »

David Kilpatrick wrote: ...I really don't have time to do this while trying to work through my photokina reports and pictures, but I feel so strongly about the negative propaganda put out in respect of the 16mm E. I am not even entirely sure there were any faulty prototype or pre-production lenses - just inept users, I suspect. I have been cautious myself and assumed the worst...

David
It would be awesome if you ever get a chance to do a full report on this lens. It is incredible how much mis-information is out there in various threads about that nice little lens.

BTW, to those that compare the Sony 16mm to the new Panny 14mm pancake, one can always crop a shot with the 16mm lens to around 12mp, and see how it compares at a similar field of view. :D