A100 noise issues

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
andrew_broadfoot
Acolyte

A100 noise issues

Unread post by andrew_broadfoot »

I'm sure there are some people out there that have the same problem with noise that I have. While shooting in low light, the A100 picks up trumendous noise when you move the ISO level from 100 to 200. Does anyone on this forum have anu suggestions as to deal with the noise either in camera or post production? On a side note, I hope Sony works this out in the new bodies.
Have a great day!
RomeoD
Acolyte

Unread post by RomeoD »

It did bother me. But I since been using Neat Image, and now I use ISO 1600 for indoor parties and low light situations. The program can batch 'clean' many files at once. Google for their web site. They have amazing examples.

Still, yes, I would hope that the new Alpha would have lower noise.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
-Romeo

SONY Alpha 100 (SOLD)
SONY Alpha 700
Sigma 24-135mm f/2.8-4.5
Sigma 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 D (SOLD)
Tamron 18-250mm (SOLD)
SONY 18-250mm
SLIK 700DX with a Manfrotto 322RC2 ballhead
Margie28
Acolyte

Unread post by Margie28 »

I tried to higher the ISO in low light and I tried shoting in the DR + (advanced) so it would have less noise and use a software to clear out the noise completely and it helps.
:)
Margie

Sony Alpha 100, Sony lens 18-70mm, F3.5-5.6, Sigma lens 70-300DG MacroSigma 50 mm Macro
AndyG
Acolyte

Unread post by AndyG »

I'll second the recommendation for Neat Image. I recently batch cleaned a set of stage shots of a musical revue my wife produced and the results were good. They now have a set of free profiles for othe A100.

The shots themselves were boring - I had to use the A100 tripod mounted with preset manual focus on the full stage and fire with an RC1000 in the loud bits so that the camcorder I had on another tripod next to it didn't pick up the shutter noise (primary task was the video).

Cheers,

Andy