$1,000 FF Alpha - guess when

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
A1000

Re: $1,000 FF Alpha - guess when

Unread post by A1000 »

even the girls laf at you
A1000

Unread post by A1000 »

even the girls laugh at you
jcoffin
Grand Caliph

Unread post by jcoffin »

Sonolta wrote:A1000 is a clueless spammer paid by some obscure 3rd party contractor to spew Sony spam and misinformation around forums, websites, and by email. I for one am getting tired of reading his lies and nonsense threads. Why DK wants his forum content diluted with lies, nonsense, and propaganda is beyond me.

A1000 does not own an Alpha, he does not own a DSLR, and by his own admission he has not taken a still photo with anything other than a cell phone in the past several years. Delete this guy now!

-Sonolta
Now that you put it that way, it's interesting to note how little difference there is between you and him. He does, however, qualify for the "green" award: neither of you posts any pictures worth looking at, but his way doesn't waste nearly as much bandwidth!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I have received an equal number of complaints about Sonolta and A1000 (someone even pm'd me to ask if I could check whether A1000 was a Sonolta sock puppet being used by Don to post facetious threads so he could invade them... no, no, no, A1000 is NOT a Don alias!). Many people have pm'd me to say they are leaving this forum because of Sonolta in the past, and now I am getting pms to say people will leave because of A1000.

The main complaints are that:

Don (Sonolta) could be the most useful contributor but gets carried away and ends up spamming the forum with repeated identical images.

A1000 is provoking Don, and posting repeated copies of threads.

I am getting pms to me daily about this asking me to ban both Sonolta and A1000. Some of these pms are from people I know, and whose presence here I value. I do not wish to see them sign off and go. For that matter, I do not want Don or A1000 to be banned. I just want the both of you to quit this p*ssing contest because it has no outcome, no winner, no resolution, and it does not benefit the community in any way.

"Sweet moderation, heart of our nation,
Stay with us for we are - between the wars!" - B. Bragg

David
PhotoTraveler
Grand Caliph

Unread post by PhotoTraveler »

Class
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Ach weel, it's the way that you say it :-)

In a forum like this, 'by your words you shall be known' (deeds don't count here). Therefore, choose your words carefully. Treat everyone, whether you know them or not and whether your language is their first language or not, as if they were your friend until they prove themselves otherwise.

Mene, mene, tekel upharsin - must have learned that one when I was eight or nine. Pedo, melon - o-fk I've forgotten my Sindarin...
David
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Do we really have put up with this any longer?

Don't get me wrong, I am no stranger to some heavy debates..but things go too far, and the choice of language makes for uncomfortable reading. This is simply a bar brawl between two forum members mostly..
Are people not adult enough to be able to agree to disagree?
I mean interesting and fun as it can be, when you switch off your computer, the world does go on, and it does not really make that much difference!
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Well Baz, it looks like there won't be any further inane banter...or witty repartee, from Don's direction at least.
Greg
picman
Heirophant

Unread post by picman »

Greg Beetham wrote:Well Baz, it looks like there won't be any further inane banter...or witty repartee, from Don's direction at least.
Greg
I hope you are wrong. Don often comes over strong ( :mrgreen: ), which I regret, but he has a lot of knowledge and backs up his messages, as far as possible, with facts and pictures (lots of them :D ). It suffices to look at his websites to appreciate the amount of energy and time he puts in photography.

A1000 on the other hand has informed us of nothing else but wild rumours and personal "opinions". We have yet to hear one single fact or opinion backed by facts. His message to which Don refers higher-up, to me, was totally inadmissible and of a different level than Don's strong language.

It is precisely as David said: "Don (Sonolta) could be the most useful contributor ... A1000 is provoking Don ..". If the consequence of all this is that A1000 stays and Don goes, that would be very regrettable.

:) A1000's messages are pictures with nothing but noise, if you remove the noise there is nothing left. Don's messages contain a lot of noise too, but if you remove it, there is a worthwhile picture left. :)

Cheers, Bob.
caporip
Grand Caliph

Unread post by caporip »

Picman

I have to agree with you. While Sonolta's prickly and abusive nature sometimes, it would appear, gets the better of him underlying it all is solid information and opinion based on facts (although you may disagree with how he's intepreted them lol) whereas A1000, from a survey of his posts, seems to be talking a load of spherical objects backed up by nothing in particular - except a curious take on history. While some of Don's replies are, in my view, offensive -particularly his reply to David - the forum would I feel be poorer for his absence albeit a lot quicker to load!
Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats you....
My Flickr site:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

No doubt A1000's messages are mostly hype driven, with little if any facts to back them up..nor even do they count as gossip! You could call them spam..maybe they are, but we can simply ignore them

I don't have a problem with Don, most of the time, but the ist line on his reply..really, that's just going way too far. And I have found it a chore digging through his mega image postings..

I don't want to see anyone get banned, but can't we all just get along?
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Well it was his choice, nobody was forcing him to leave....Don just took A100000 too seriously that's all. :roll:
Greg
PhotoTraveler
Grand Caliph

I still want to know how Don could make so many post. It takes about a minute from the time from hitting submit to the thing finishing posting a post. Did he sit there through all that, wait the 2 minute posting limit or what ever it is, form another post (lot's or URL work), and submit again and wait some more..... I hit submit and go do something else as I can't stand waiting around, also have other things to do.

I suppose he probably had much of his stuff preformed so he could cut and paste, but still.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

If he really sits on as much equipment as he says, he probably has a fat pipe. That speeds up sending things. As to the 2 minute delay, there may be ways around it - I haven't tested that as it would (ethically) require DK's permission. He could also compose off-line, then cut and paste to the forums. At the same time he's probably blasting someone else in another forum on Dyxum or elsewhere.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
PhotoTraveler
Grand Caliph

Dunno, I don't have a slow connection.

I don't think it's a Pipe Size on our end, as a Tube Size on the PCA end of things.