Olympus AF Fine Tune

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bossel
Viceroy

Re: Olympus AF Fine Tune

Unread post by bossel »

Sonolta wrote:It's perfectly legal...
You ain't no clue - even if you pay me for one of my pics I retain the moral copyright and you can't alter them. This advice is for free.
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

You ain't no clue.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Back on topic..

Cough

Overall I have to say, whilst I am no 4/3 fan, Olympus have done a very nice job on this one. And addressed many issues, a much improved camera on paper at least. Let's give them some credit for effort. Onto AF fine tune, it looks comprehensive, and I am sure many users would like to see this implemented across the Alpha range.
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Sonolta wrote:Did your wife toss you out last night?
No insults, please.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Please let us get back to the initial posting showing us improvements to the Olympus enthusiast series of cameras now reaching 600 series. Originally I rejected the 4/3 sensor idea because of size and format. 2x3 suits my photography better and I hoped for larger sensors and superior quality. As far as I can see this is the same 12 Mp sensor as in Panasonic's G1 and clearly Olympus' answer to that camera as well as the A350. There is no video as far as I can see from the spec. A camera dedicated to the still photographer. I was rather concerned to read in a recent issue of UK Amateur Photographer that the G1 sensor was rated superior to Sony's 14 Mp sensor in the A350 both on resolution and higher ISO noise.
I agree with Sonolta that Sony better watch out as competition not standing still and in awe. They are fighting back. I still prefer the A350 implementation of the physical movements of the LV screen. The Olympus movements are clearly superior but I would worry about simply wrenching off the Olympus screen in an ungarded movement or fall.