Rush2112 (Carl G) Finally Get's It...A KM7D!

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: Rush2112 (Carl G) Finally Get's It...A KM7D!

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

He doesn't explain the most interesting part, what prompted this sojourn into the chronicles of KM, nostalgia perhaps?
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg Beetham wrote:He doesn't explain the most interesting part, what prompted this sojourn into the chronicles of KM, nostalgia perhaps?
Greg
Hi Greg,

Actually, he does mention that he was after a mint-condition Maxxum complete with all the original accessories that pertains to the camera model at the time of production which he wished to acquire as a collector's item. He has more than one thread on this intent for acquisition of the camera model and he speaks about it; that he wanted one before the camera became hard to find in mint condition anymore. I believe he still is keeping his A100, A700, a brand new A900 and several other cameras from other brands in different sizes for different purposes.

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Thank Yildiz! as usual you've got all the gossip. :lol:
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg Beetham wrote:Thank Yildiz! as usual you've got all the gossip. :lol:
Greg
Hmm, I'm not certain if that was praising or not! :D (joking)

Yes, I actually read all his threads that he started for this acquisition.... :)
Who knows those cameras may really be extinct someday.

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

aster wrote:
Greg Beetham wrote:Thank Yildiz! as usual you've got all the gossip. :lol:
Greg
Hmm, I'm not certain if that was praising or not! :D (joking)

Yes, I actually read all his threads that he started for this acquisition.... :)
Who knows those cameras may really be extinct someday.

Yildiz
Yep, it was a genuine leg pull, we only pull the legs of people we like....us ozzies. :D
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg Beetham wrote:Yep, it was a genuine leg pull, we only pull the legs of people we like....us ozzies. :D
Greg
Thanks! :D
The feeling is mutual. We, those in the Northern hemisphere like ozzies too. We, Turks, especially respect the solemn ceremonies they perform at dawn annually at the Çanakkale front where the commemoration monuments are located on Turkish soil. Always touches us to the depth of our souls and hearts.

You're allowed to pull my leg. :D

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

aster wrote:

Yildiz
Thanks Yildiz,
I think it's good too honour the fallen also, (despite what some here have said in the past about glorifying war, though I haven't heard them much of late), I do hope the ceremony honours the fallen on both sides.....I should go sometime myself.
It seems to have become some sort of Oz pilgrimage, even though by and large we aren't a very religious lot.
Greg
ps. I've seen all the history etc. and I still can't quite fathom how we came to be involved, none of it was any of our business.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg Beetham wrote:
aster wrote:

Yildiz
Thanks Yildiz,
I think it's good too honour the fallen also, (despite what some here have said in the past about glorifying war, though I haven't heard them much of late), I do hope the ceremony honours the fallen on both sides.....I should go sometime myself.
It seems to have become some sort of Oz pilgrimage, even though by and large we aren't a very religious lot.
Greg
ps. I've seen all the history etc. and I still can't quite fathom how we came to be involved, none of it was any of our business.
The Australian are always welcome on our soil Greg, :)
Our own and the ANZAC lie side by side now and they deserve great respect for fighting a war that both parties had little involvement in the decision-making themselves. The Ottomans sided with Germany and ANZAC were part of a plan by Winston Churchill who wanted the Turkish out of his future plans for good. He wanted Gallipoli peninsula and did everything in his power to have others join in. It's about what the World was at the time, nations were forced into taking sides and consequently suffering the losses too.

To learn from the past and to strive to maintain peace is a lesson learnt the hardest way. Though there may actually be a religious side of the ceremonies, I think it relieves those attending the ceremony who actually are mostly the grand and great-grandchildren of the fallen corps in Çanakkale.
The ceremonies are absolutely beautiful, starting well before dawn and has a very genuine, down-to-earth effect of uniting everyone who witness it from its first to last moments.

We need not regret any longer but bond to make a strong, united World because there's a lot of suffering already without the direct effects of an actual war. Babies are starving to death each second that passes on.

You're always welcome to step on our soil and 'stretch a leg' here for a change!

Yildiz
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by peterottaway »

I do not wish to be unpleasant but after the last couple of postings, I would refer Greg to German war aims/intentons as outlined in the September Plan. Also the general behaviour of the German Army in occupied territories such as Belgium, Poland and the Baltic States towards the civilian population and in the east against various minorities. If you have read anything about WW 2 in the Balkans it would be instructive to look at the behaviour of the German Army, the k u k ( the Imperial Austrian and Royal Hungarian Army ) and the Royal Bulgarian Army in Serbia.

Yildiz - I am aware of the uses that Section 301 of the Turkish Penal Code by various ultra-nationalist groups with the support of elements of the Turkish intelligence services. I would simply make the comment 1894 to 1923 with regards to what happened to the Armenian, Assyrian and Greek communities in the former Ottoman Empire.
stevecim
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by stevecim »

peterottaway wrote:I do not wish to be unpleasant but after the last couple of postings, I would refer Greg to German war aims/intentons as outlined in the September Plan. Also the general behaviour of the German Army in occupied territories such as Belgium, Poland and the Baltic States towards the civilian population and in the east against various minorities. If you have read anything about WW 2 in the Balkans it would be instructive to look at the behaviour of the German Army, the k u k ( the Imperial Austrian and Royal Hungarian Army ) and the Royal Bulgarian Army in Serbia.

Yildiz - I am aware of the uses that Section 301 of the Turkish Penal Code by various ultra-nationalist groups with the support of elements of the Turkish intelligence services. I would simply make the comment 1894 to 1923 with regards to what happened to the Armenian, Assyrian and Greek communities in the former Ottoman Empire.
Lets not travel down this path.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

In times past Sonolta has been charged with taking over threads and repurposing them.

Now one of Don's threads has been turned into a discussion - argument - whatever; one which is too emotive anyway, and threatens to pull others in.

Basic rule - this forum is about photography, not politics, not religion. Thread will be locked, sorry, I don't want to see this go further.

David