Support Complaints -> How about point of sale?

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: Support Complaints -> How about point of sale?

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Yeah, thanks Barry,
I knew about the Sigma EM-140 DG, and it fairly recently became available for the KM/Sony system, but I haven't been able to find a review on just how well it integrates with the system...there were a couple of glowing reports with the Nikon and Canon systems. One really good feature it has is that you can regulate each of the flash tubes in fractional power from 1/1 1/2 1/4 1/8 1/16 1/32 1/64 or completely off.
The Sigma might be the only way of getting a macro flash that works out in the field.
There is also the Metz as well, and there also a comprehensive review would be good.
Still I would much rather have the original kit, the KM controller with both the twin flash heads and the ring flash head too use in the appropriate circumstances, then you don't have too buy two complete systems, just the controller and the two different flash heads.
As it is now that Sony screwed it up, if you want a twin flash and a ring flash you have the Sony version of course, (now only a half system and still very expensive), and you still have to go and buy a seperate complete ring flash system, and I for one will not buy the crippled Sony system, I don't see the point of wasting good money on a half system.
Greg