Sigma flash problem

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Armen Gharib
Oligarch

Sigma flash problem

Unread post by Armen Gharib »

Hi

I use a flash Sigma EF-530 DG ST and recently some problem raised.
It doesn't fire every time when button is pushed. It fires every 5 times although I can hear how the capacitor is charged and the light for charge is also fired. Do you think that it is from the controllers or something else?? By the way sometimes it fires very well but the shots are very smooth.
Thank you in advance
Armen
A550, Minolta 50/2.8Mc, Minolta 70-210/4, SAM 18-55, SAL75-300, Minolta 50/2.7, Samyang 14/2.8
http://ag.photoblogs.am/index.php?x=browse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Sigma flash problem

Unread post by Javelin »

Sigma is very good about replacing these flashes. I'm actually on my third one. one was DOA and 2 more died quickly. this one seems fine so far and has had a lot of use recently. Are you pressing the test button to fire it? and after you do you hear it recharging even though there was no light? The power from the caps is going somewhere if they are discharging so thats a confusing one if it didn't set fire to your couch or fry the cat..
Armen Gharib
Oligarch

Unread post by Armen Gharib »

Javelin I hear the sound of recharge every time when it fires. The problem is that it doesn't fire every time I press the test button. ANd I am sure that the charge energy is not lost somewhere it doesn't recharge every time when the button is pressed
A550, Minolta 50/2.8Mc, Minolta 70-210/4, SAM 18-55, SAL75-300, Minolta 50/2.7, Samyang 14/2.8
http://ag.photoblogs.am/index.php?x=browse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Armen. Mine fires ever time the test button is pressed so long as the ready light is lit up. I tried it with new batteries and some that are pretty much spent. it took a long time to recharge but still fired once charged. SO I think your flash isn't working properly