Sony Trade-in of used equipmet.

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Sony Trade-in of used equipmet.

Unread post by Dusty »

Sony has a great feature you may not have noticed. You can trade in used equipment for recycle/repair/resale (at Sony's discretion) and get money towards the purchase of new equipment.

Only problem is, you can get more on e-bay for broken gear than Sony will give you for your working gear!

My a350 will net me $123 w/ battery and charger, and $116 without. It's in great condition. A 350 on e-bay last week with a broken rear screen went for more than that!

I need to get into this recycle deal. Send me your good condition 350 w/ battery and charger and I'll give you $150. And I'll give it to you in your local currency, not Sony gift cards!

Dusty
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: Sony Trade-in of used equipmet.

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Geez thanks Dusty, how did I ever miss that amazing Sony benevolence... :lol:
Greg
springm
Oligarch

Unread post by springm »

I always knew deep in my guts that this company only wants my best...

Markus
tom power 53
Heirophant

Re: Sony Trade-in of used equipment.

Unread post by tom power 53 »

Well you know that Sony will just be junking 90% of the stuff. More trouble to check out refurbish then sell and warranty that it is worth. It is just a little bit of cash for someone to apply against a new camera without the hassle of ebaying. Maybe someone could make a business of buying all the trade in stuff Sony gets and reselling it but I have a feeling they would rather junk it than have it cut into their new sales.

For most people a bad deal for sure but I imagine a few people take advantage of it (or get taken advantge of) and Sony sells them new gear that they might not have without this program.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

If you look through all the fine print of the program, they part some of them out and re-sell some to 3rd world countries. Have to get your name out there!

Dusty