a77 grip

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
cosmonaut1959
Oligarch

a77 grip

Unread post by cosmonaut1959 »

Any third party grips that will work on the a77?
a99, Carl Ziess 24-70mm
a77, Tamron 18-270mm
Fuji Xpro 1, 18mm
Leica M4/M6
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: a77 grip

Unread post by Dusty »

None show up on Amazon or e-bay. I guess the Chinese haven't had time to reverse engineer one, yet!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Yeah wouldn't that be cool, a fake A77 grip with some fake batteries to go, at least one could imagine it's the real thing if they put all the buttons in the right places. But the A77 is probably safe for the moment, maybe for an extended period even, at least until the A77 has a large uptake in the market place.
Greg
cosmonaut1959
Oligarch

Unread post by cosmonaut1959 »

I have never owned a third party grip if there is a chance one could damage my camera then I don't want one. I though the Sony one at least could include one battery at $300.00 I think I'll just wait till the price drops.
a99, Carl Ziess 24-70mm
a77, Tamron 18-270mm
Fuji Xpro 1, 18mm
Leica M4/M6
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I think if I remember correctly I paid $375 for my A700 grip (just before it went extinct), plus an extra Sony battery; when you have a close look at it you can be reasonably amazed that they build it so cheap, it has all the major camera controls replicated on the grip and a forest of gold contacts on the top of the battery chamber extension, even the battery holder itself is really a masterpiece of fit, design and implementation (with another forest of gold contacts). So for once I was actually impressed with Sony and their ability to build functional things…when they feel inclined.
Greg
stevecim
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by stevecim »

Even their grip for the A5XX is quite good, I managed to pick up from Grays online for $79.00 in mint condition at that price it was even cheaper then 3d party grips :)
When I saw Sony was off loading all the A5XX grips I knew the A5xx replacement was going to use a different grip.... did not expect it to have NO VG. (A65)