A580 LCD issue with live view.

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Scrabo
Acolyte

A580 LCD issue with live view.

Unread post by Scrabo »

Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (66.12 KiB) Viewed 8922 times
Just noticed this morning when I switched on my A580 using live view, the bottom 1/4 of the LCD was black. Switched over to Focus live check and the full LCD displayed he image, switched back and again the bottom third was black. Photos attached ( sorry they were done in a rush but you will get the idea). Mirror appears to be sitting correctly when closed.

Any ideas of what is going on here ?

Is there any way to perform a complete hard reset on the camera ?
Heidfirst
Oligarch

Re: A580 LCD issue with live view.

Unread post by Heidfirst »

are actual images out of the camera OK or do they also show this?
I'm wondering if the sensor is out of alignment as the LCD is itself appears OK due to overlaid info being OK.
Scrabo
Acolyte

Unread post by Scrabo »

Heidfirst wrote:are actual images out of the camera OK or do they also show this?
Actual images are fine, using the OVF is fine, Focus live check is fine, I am now thinking it is the mirror that 'feeds' light to the OVF or the LCD screen sensor as highlighted in this image...
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (24 KiB) Viewed 9894 times
Heidfirst
Oligarch

Unread post by Heidfirst »

So it's only happening in Quick AF LIve View.
Can you see if the upper mirror or sensor are obviously not moving fully or out of alignment?
Scrabo
Acolyte

Unread post by Scrabo »

I think it might be the actual Live View/OVF slider switch, I toggled it rapidly a few times between the two options and all is well for now.

So it's either the slider switch is not traveling completely or the connection between the toggle switch and the upper mirror is suspect. Will have to keep an eye on that in the next few days.