A580's still command premium prices...

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

A580's still command premium prices...

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... er=&sr=8-1

Kinda scary to see "new" ones sold for such a high price, even the used prices are holding up well.
Sad thing is I nearly got one at the time but held off, you could actually have made a decent return at these rates, though I can't say the £700+ price new is realistic.

Maybe Sony have missed something here
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Re: A580's still command premium prices...

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

Of course they have! If they want to restart the a580 production lines, I won't complain! They wouldn't even have to update it with a new sensor, because the 16mp CMOS is the best they have produced.

The menu & controls are intuitive, to me, well laid out and accessible, it has a great specification, and it is well put together, for a mid range camera.

It's the best DSLR I have owned & used.
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

Agree about the A-580, all they need to include on a new 580 is more user control over noise, such as an OFF position like Olympus do.
I wonder if they will have the courage to do this on the rumoured mirrorless DSLR's next year.
bfitzgerald

It would be great to see a K-30 style update of the A580 with dual dials, a better VF and a few other bits. I think personally it would be a good seller for Sony.
It's probably not likely to happen, but we can wish for one.

Demand dictates prices and most A580 users are hanging onto the camera, thus s/h prices are higher than you would expect. I'd can't say I'd pay those prices for a new one though
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Can only find one second hand on ebay.co.uk. Not surprised though about the price premium. the A580 is the best DSLR Sony have produced (in my humble opinion) and I have no intention of disposing of mine.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

I agree with you, the 580 was probably the best DSLR Sony made, yet it was often over looked by customers at my local Jessops in favour of Canikon.
I remember one sat on the shelves for Months and in the end they put it on sale to get rid. It eventually got sold, but I wonder how many Canikons flew out the door during that time.
bfitzgerald

Has to be said I saw next to 0 marketing for the A580 the SLT's got all the advertising