Which magazine 2013 photographic awards

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Which magazine 2013 photographic awards

Unread post by classiccameras »

Which magazine photographic awards for 2013 go to Panasonic for best interchangeable lens system cameras, build quality, inovation, product range and overall picture quality pushing Canon into 2nd place.
The also awarded Panasonic and Sony for best reliability.

I only read these remarks briefly in a Which magazine in my local library, so applogies if Its not 100% accurate.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Which magazine 2013 photographic awards

Unread post by Birma »

I'm a Which member and so a supporter of the Consumer Association, but I have to say that some of their final results of reviews, particularly where it comes down to complex or subjective choices, are inevitably fallible. I think that saying a whole brand of camera has an image quality advantage over another is pretty laughable :) . I guess this is the same for anything they review. If it is an area where I have done a lot of research myself then their results are not so interesting. If they cover washing machines then I accept every word as gospel ;) .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Re: Which magazine 2013 photographic awards

Unread post by classiccameras »

Birma

You are probably right, I bought my new car recently because Which magazine gave it a best buy status. I think all reviews are 'flawed' whoever is doing them.
'Which' seem to be revered by the trade whatever product they review and they are seen as the holy grail by some folk.

They claim that most of their data is collected from users [I was asked to be a contributor for cars, but I declined the offer].
However, from my experience, they seem to get things right more often than wrong!