"Programmed 5400 Flash".

Cabled, wireless, studio - anything do with using flash
Yagil Henkin
Heirophant

"Programmed 5400 Flash".

Unread post by Yagil Henkin »

I found out this link - http://www.voitzsch.net/flashconv_en.shtml
A Cheap Flash modification for 5400 Flashes that makes them compatible with Minolta Digital Cameras, with almost full capability - apart from W/L HSS.
I have two 5400's: one XI and one HS. Naturally, I find much interest in converting them. I do have several questions though.
First, did anybody here modify his flashes in that way? and did someone try them with an A700? How effective it is?
Second, I understand that some backward compatibility is lost. I have Minolta 5 (Film) and 7 (Film). Does anybody know how does the flash perform on those cameras?
Last but not the least, Is there any way to put that circuit in a kind of Flash connector? That is, instead of soldiering and modifying the flash forever, attaching it to a "hot shoe" that translates the commands from the camera to the flash (That is what that circuit is doing, anyway)?
Thanks,
Yagil
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: "Programmed 5400 Flash".

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I can't answer that. The mod looks scary to do, but I am not a very good solder monkey.
David
koendr

Unread post by koendr »

Hi,

I have a A900 and a 'old' HS5400 flash.

And I'm very curious about people who have converted the HS5400 to work with Alpha Cameras.

Koen
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hi Koen and welcome to the forum.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr