Minolta 5600 ,to sony Alpha 700

Cabled, wireless, studio - anything do with using flash
wildabout
Acolyte

Minolta 5600 ,to sony Alpha 700

Unread post by wildabout »

I have been trying to find information on attatching two minolta 5600 flash guns of camera to a sony Alpha 700.I am looking for information on flash leads ,that will serve this purpose.also any helpful hints on taking images using an aquarium for a set.
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Re: Minolta 5600 ,to sony Alpha 700

Unread post by bonneville »

wildabout wrote:I have been trying to find information on attatching two minolta 5600 flash guns of camera to a sony Alpha 700.I am looking for information on flash leads ,that will serve this purpose.also any helpful hints on taking images using an aquarium for a set.
Hi wildabout, and welcome.

I'm no expert and you'll get far more detailed advice from others in here, but as I seem to be first to pick this up:

Why not fire them both wirelessly? I have a 56 and a 36 and my a700 fires them both fine.
Gary Friedman gives very comprehensive advice in his a700 ebook as well as his advanced techniques ebooks.

His website is here
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =10&t=1200

I made a thread for this reason and it has links and pictures of all the related equipment. Hope it helps!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Welcome Wildabout.
I was going to attach the link, but Kevin was quicker.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

According to the advice given to me then, it looks like all you (or I) will need will be the FA-MC1AM Off-Camera Cable for Flash
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

With both flashes mounted off camera and none on the camera (sounds like a good idea for angling the flashes too avoid aquarium reflections but not easy to get just right, I remember doing a couple of experiments with my aquarium back in the film days).
I think you could use the FACC1AM off camera cable too one flash sitting on an FACS1AM off camera shoe then a flash to flash cable for the other flash also sitting in an FACS1AM off camera shoe. Or alternatively an FACC1AM off camera cable too a FATC1AM triple connector and then two FAEC1AM extension cables between the FATC1AM triple connector and the flashes sitting on FACS1AM off camera shoes preferably on their on their own stands so they can be aimed into the ends of the tank also the flashes might need blinds attached on the camera side of the flash heads (a bit of cardboard and some masking tape would fix it).
Minolta used to put out quite a good diagram on some of their System brochures showing the possible/alternate diagram layouts, and a late model brochure would still be relevant if it had the 5600 HSD listed in it, all you would have to do is convert the Minolta part numbers over to Sony ones by comparing descriptions...I can't remember seeing anything similar from Sony...so far.
Greg
ps If you are using flashes that have the coax socket built in like the F56 an F58 then you don't really need the FACS1AM off camera shoe you could use the plastic foot that came with the flash and plug the cable directly into the flash, but would work only when using the FATC1AM triple connector arrangement of course.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Wow! good ole' KM still have some advisory stuff listed on the web, if you have a look here (link below) you can, with some careful comparing of the descriptions get a good grasp of what cable is used where and when.
Greg

http://ca.konicaminolta.com/products/co ... hes.html#g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Just been doing some homework, and this is a conversion list (as I make it)

Off camera cable OC-1100 = FACC1AM (self explanatory)

Cable CD = FAMC1AM (flash to flash off or on camera and flash on/off camera to one socket of triple connector)

Cable EX = FAEC1AM (extension plus triple connector to flash, triple connector to off camera shoe)

TC-1000 Triple connector = FATC1AM (self explanatory)

OS-1100 Off camera shoe = FACS1AM (necessary for some flashes without complex cable socket ie. F36, F42)

Greg
wildabout
Acolyte

Unread post by wildabout »

Thanks for all the advise everyone-I seem to have been shying away from flash for too long-and thought it about time to get on with some ideas that have been on the backburner for ages!!