Sigma EF-500 EF500 Super -- Underexposure Solution

Cabled, wireless, studio - anything do with using flash
chmodx
Acolyte

Sigma EF-500 EF500 Super -- Underexposure Solution

Unread post by chmodx »

Hi,

Despite my novice-level knowledge and the countless people mentioning their images being underexposed with the Sigma flashes, I ordered one from eBay. It got here, and my worst nightmare came true--all my pictures were extremely dark, underexposed, and not even AEL with compensation fixed it.

I looked into it online, and realized that it doesn't communicate like the Sony flashes do(not quite exactly).

Solution? I found that changing from ADI flash mode to Pre-Flash TTL under the main menu made it function perfectly. According to the manual(yeah, that thing), if you're no using a "D" type lens, Pre-flash TTL is required.

Anyhow, I'm guessing most people know this, but for anyone else like me, hopefully this will save them some work (and some of Sigma's reputation).--
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Sigma EF-500 EF500 Super -- Underexposure Solution

Unread post by Javelin »

Funny you should mention this.. There was a post on DPR that troubled me a bit. but the symptom was never explained. see my thread , What makes a "D" lens
chmodx wrote:Hi,

Solution? I found that changing from ADI flash mode to Pre-Flash TTL under the main menu made it function perfectly. According to the manual(yeah, that thing), if you're no using a "D" type lens, Pre-flash TTL is required.

Anyhow, I'm guessing most people know this, but for anyone else like me, hopefully this will save them some work (and some of Sigma's reputation).--
Patou

Re: Sigma EF-500 EF500 Super -- Underexposure Solution

Unread post by Patou »

Thanks for the tips... I was wondering why sudenly it wans't working anymore (I had change a few setting in my a200)...