After 2 years with Sony A700 and A900...

It matters to many but not to all
InTheSky
Viceroy

After 2 years with Sony A700 and A900...

Unread post by InTheSky »

Well ... A lot a complaint about Sony bad low light performance has never stopped me to do hardcore low light photography with both A700 and A900. The ISO5000 if use in good exposure was something really impressive.

http://www.pbase.com/nadeauf/photo_shows

If you are interest, you can take a look, all the gallery is from both Camera body, but for the year 2009 It was only with the A900.

Since two weeks, I'm now experimenting the ISO6400 and some ISO5000 with the A900.

You will see a lot of picture that probably in your mind you will say (biark ! what is this horrible noise and not detail picture ...), but in the Facebook and myspace world ... my friends (or kind of clients.) are looking much for the feeling or at least behing able to be on one picture (a lot of member some time on the same stage).

So in conclusion, do I like my Sony DSLR for low light photography, the answer is yes. It is easy to execute and use it, NO :-), but for my personal experience, If I'm able to do good job at ISO5000 and higher with those body, this help me to improve my skill.

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
Mike-Photos
Oligarch

Hi Frank...

Unread post by Mike-Photos »

I did some 1600 ISO shots for an event for my daughter, and they were very good. DxO 6.1 helped a lot, it really does control the noise very well.
Mike
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: After 2 years with Sony A700 and A900...

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I have learned a lot from this forum and still am.
I made some shots at ISO 3200 at the school where my son had the leading role. Nice shots came out, but some of them were blurry due to low shutter speed (mind you, it wasn't camera shake but rather the actors were on quick movements :wink: ).
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr