Vuescan?

Minolta scanners, scanner support and replacement choices
the_hefay
Viceroy

Vuescan?

Unread post by the_hefay »

Anyone here use Vuescan? I have a Nikon Coolscan V ED. Nikon killed support after 32-bit Vista. Unless I want to install xp or vista, I have to use 3rd party software. The demo works with my scanner, but I'm just looking for a little feedback before making the purchase. I'm also open to other suggestions, especially if it's cheaper. :P
Eiffel
Initiate

Re: Vuescan?

Unread post by Eiffel »

I'm pleased with Vuescan Pro and my Minolta Dimage Elite F-2900 scanner. The interface is more 'Windows XP' than 'Windows 10' but it works reliably and I see features /new scanners added regularly

Documentation leaves a bit to be desired, but Sascha Steinhoff's 'The Vuescan Bible' is an OK beginner's book (more tips are only available on the web).

Given the modest price, added features and lifetime updates, I think splurging for the pro version is the smart move...
Proud owner of DK's dearly missed A900 ;-)
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Henry (Bakubo) uses it and has spoken well of it. I have an old reliable that I may have to use it for.

You can also try running a virtual machine of XP to use your old scanner.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
the_hefay
Viceroy

Thanks for the insight guys. Much appreciated.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

I started using Vuescan over 15 years ago and have always felt that I was getting good value for my money.

I confess that with the arrival of the digital camera era my usage dropped off, and it has now been several years since I have used it, but that has nothing to do with how well it has served me over the years.

- Tom -
the_hefay
Viceroy

It's been a few years since I've really used my scanner also. Thanks for your thoughts. I think I'll probably purchase it.