Anybody Seen This Before?

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Anybody Seen This Before?

Unread post by jbtaylor »

It has shown up with more than 1 CF card. It must be the camera.

Javelin

Re: Anybody Seen This Before?

Unread post by Javelin »

yes I've sen posts on DPR with the same sort of thing but it was usually the cards or the card reader that was the culprit. have you got a memory stick to try? how often is that happening? On those cards the data is written through the pins on the right side of the card but addressing is more the middle/top of the card maybe there is a bent pin in the camera along the top row or the right side of the card and it's causing write or read errors ? is the picture actually damaged does it display properly on the camera and not the comuter after transfer?
Last edited by Javelin on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

It happened once on the wife's P&S. I thought just a failure to properly write. Never saw it again.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I had this problem with a fake CF card. :(
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi jbtaylor,

Yes, I had the same experience about a month ago when I was taking sequential and continous photos with very small time intervals. To clarify, it did not happen at continous shooting mode but at single frames when I pressed the shutter release in short intervals only and later completely disappeared. I think the buffer was full and there was a problem with writing to the memory card.

I'll upload some if I can find them in my archives in the next few hours.

Yildiz

Edit: I checked but apparently I deleted them shortly after I shot the photos so they would't consume much space.
jbtaylor

Thanks to all for the feedback. This has happened the last 3 times I have used the camera. The pins look to be in order but it is had to see with the naked eye. Some other examples:

Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

Have you tried reformatting the cards while in the camera? Sometimes the cameras don't like cards reformatted in PCs.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Do you see the error on the camera's screen too,or only on your computer? If it looks good on the camera, probably the problem was the transfert to your HHDD -restart your computer and transfert your pics again. Or get a different USB/Firewire cable, or card reader.

I hope this help.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jbtaylor

Never noticed these characteristics on the camera screen. I will turn my attention to the computer and transfer equipment.
Thanks for the suggestion Pako.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi,

When I experienced these flaws during shooting, I could see them on the camera's LCD screen. That's how I detected them and slowed down on my shooting intervals to ease it on the buffer and the memory card, and never saw it happen during the rest of the shooting with the same card on the camera.

Yildiz